Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4DCAPE43-BBB and UART4 problem

Hi,
    I've some problem with 4DCAPE43 and Beaglebone integration.
    I read old posts for issue and now I'm be able to use 4DCAPE43-BBB on Beaglebone with Debian 8.1 (24/01/2016 - there is problems instead with the latest version 9.), but I still have problem when I enable UART4. In this case the screen appear all black. If I look log with dmesg all cape are loaded correctly, no conflict is detected.
    The only thing which I think it could cause problems are cts and rts signals of UART4 which overlap some lcddata signals, but if I look BB-UART4 overlay I think that this pins aren't enabled.
    Can you help me to figure out what the problem is?

Thank you in advance!

I did a strange discovery.
    With this Debian image if I put the 4DCAPE43-BBB it apply the BB-LCD4 overlay and I'm be able to activate UART1 and UART2. If I don't put the LCD display, it apply a default overlay (cape-universal), but I can't enable any UART! It relieve a conflict!
    This is the log:
    [ 24.782362] bone_capemgr bone_capemgr: Using override eeprom data at slot 4
    [ 24.782380] bone_capemgr bone_capemgr: slot #4: 'Override Board Name,00A0,Override Manuf,cape-universaln'
    [ 25.741801] bone_capemgr bone_capemgr: slot #4: dtbo 'cape-universaln-00A0.dtbo' loaded; overlay id #0
    [ 99.456801] bone_capemgr bone_capemgr: part_number 'BB-UART1', version 'N/A'
    [ 99.456852] bone_capemgr bone_capemgr: slot #5: override
    [ 99.456879] bone_capemgr bone_capemgr: Using override eeprom data at slot 5
    [ 99.456907] bone_capemgr bone_capemgr: slot #5: 'Override Board Name,00A0,Override Manuf,BB-UART1'
    [ 99.734187] bone_capemgr bone_capemgr: slot #5: BB-UART1 conflict P9.24 (#4:cape-universaln)
    [ 99.750607] bone_capemgr bone_capemgr: slot #5: Failed verification

Comment

Hi,
      I went around the problem passing to the version 8.7 of Debian. In this case work UARTs and also the LCD workaround.
      But now I've another doubt.
      I need to modify the BB-BONE-LCD4-01 that is automatically recognized when LCD CAPE43 is attached and disabled GPIO0_15 (Enter Button).
      I then modify the corresponding dbto in /lib/firmware (decompiled and recompiled) but the button still works. I also removed the dbto in /lib/firmware folder but it's loaded the same at startup.
      From where this file (BB-BONE-LCD4-01-00A1.dtbo) is taken? Is it loaded from EEPROM of LCD CAPE 43? How I can apply my custom overlay for this LCD?
      Thank you very much!

Comment

Hello,

Sadly software support of Debian etc is not something we can really assist with, you are best to ask on the beaglebone forums.
        The overlays are taken out of the kernel, so I would imagine if you want to edit them you would need to recompile the kernel yourself.

Regards
        James

Comment

Working...
        X