Cannot Install 4D IDE on Windows 7 nor Windows 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot Install 4D IDE on Windows 7 nor Windows 10

Please forgive me if this is a dead horse and direct me to the appropriate answers or links. After downloading 4D's IDE on my Window 7 computer, I attempt to install it. I receive a dialog box telling me I need a DLL file. I have tried repairing my files to no avail. The curious thing is that I had this program on my computer as recently as this Spring before I cleaned out my computer of "unnecessary" programs. Go figure . . .

After downloading 4D's IDE on my Windows 10 computer, I located it in my Downloads folder and clicked on it. This locked up the Downloads dialog window, though not other programs. The only way to close out of this is was to shut down my computer. The first time, Windows 10 behaved like Windows 7 and said a DLL file was missing. After I "repaired" the missing file, the application locks up. Please help.

Respectfully - Baran
    Attached Files
    Last edited by CompuGrow; 23 October 2017, 05:57 AM.
    /Baran G Galocy/

I cannot see any attached image.

There are no DLLs required to install Workshop beyond what is already included with Windows.
    Mark

Comment

Oops, I forgot the attachments. One of those dialog boxes is generated by the 4D installer. Can you run this by your tech department?
      /Baran G Galocy/

Comment

As I said earlier, there are no 'non standard' dlls required to install workshop.

Perhaps your installation has space restrictions on the temp folder(s).

Try deleted unwanted files from the temp folders and try again.

Perhaps try temporarily disabling your AV product.
        Mark

Comment

Please define "AV product" (al I can think of is "audio/video". I am befuddled that this software has existed on the Win 7 computer before - nothing has changed. I am beside myself regarding the Win 10 failure. I will try requesting tech support. Someone in the department has surely come across this issue and found a solution. I cannot be the only person stopped by this. I have given myself full permissions across the board but nothing has worked.
          /Baran G Galocy/

Comment

Anti Virus

Sorry, we have never seen this before AFAIK

Could the installer be an incomplete download?
            Mark

Comment

Got it. I turned off Windows Defender - I will try shutting everything down and see. I did, BTW, try in "Safe Mode" to no avail. In terms of complete/incomplete, I have tried multiple downloads, some saved and some run directly, with the same results.
              /Baran G Galocy/

Comment

There's also heaps of suggestions here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...a52de3f?auth=1
                Mark

Comment

Working...
                X