X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pauleilio
    replied
    Hi,

I have attached a modified project with the gauge split into smaller sections. It still requires some work to make sure that a large jump doesn't leave a drawn segment but I hope that you get the idea.

I enabled transparency in the first 4 segments in case you intended to have some gfx directly underneath.

I hope this helps

Best regards

Paul
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• pauleilio
    replied
    Hi,

Thanks for sending the project.

The slowness is caused just by the size of image.

There is a way to speed this up by splitting the gauge into smaller sections and write a bit of code to deal with large or small changes where more than 1 set of images may change. Please bear with me while I attempt to do this and you can try it for speed.

Best regards

Paul

Leave a comment:

• bill.lask
    replied
    Hello

I have attached the project

I have attached and the project with smart gauge(is a little bit faster but still slow and flickering)

Thank you
    Attached Files
    Last edited by bill.lask; 3 weeks ago.

Leave a comment:

• pauleilio
    replied
    Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

That does seem a bit slow.

Could you please send me the project so I can test it here.

You can zip your project by clicking on File then Zip project and attache the zip here of if you prefer, you can email it to paul at 4dsystems dot com dot au

Best regards

Paul

Leave a comment:

• bill.lask
    replied
    Hello

I am trying to do something similar but the screen refreshing is too slow

Can someone help to make it work?

I have tried and with smart gauge but again is soo slow.

I have one video.
    https://streamable.com/a5i2tu
    Attached Files
    Last edited by bill.lask; 3 weeks ago.

Leave a comment:

• orac12
    replied
    Ok so I've been through and looked at the code for the librarys, as well as compared the output from GTX tool while writing to the magic object. It seems it is using object ID 22.

So I have changed from using:
    genie.WriteObject(GENIE_MAGIC_OBJECT, 0, rpm);

to

genie.WriteObject(22, 0, rpm);

Which compiles fine and also the display works, but only for the first 1000 rpm or the first smart gauge, after that the first smart gauge goes blank and gets a red X through it.

However it works fine with GTX tool. Obviously something to do with the way I am sending the data it does not like.

Edit:

Alright, nevermind I got it working. I sniffed the serial comms to the display from the arduino after sending the genie.WriteObject(22, 0, rpm); command. And found that instead of sending 22, it was sending 16. (dec / hex mixup). So send the decimal equivalent of 22 hex which is 34 instead.

So sending genie.WriteObject(34, 0, rpm); And the meter is now working correctly finally.
    Last edited by orac12; 8 December 2019, 12:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• orac12
    replied
    I've tried using this but can't get my qrudino code to compile. Using

genie.WriteObject(GENIE_MAGIC_OBJECT, 0, 1);

I get a compile error,
    GENIE_MAGIC_OBJECT' was not declared in this scope.

I've tried using both versions of the arduino library (the regular one and the beta).

Am I missing something obvious or should I be doing it another way to write to magic object ?

Leave a comment:

• pauleilio
    replied
    Hi Tim,

That is awesome. Thank you for letting me know, very nice work

Paul

Leave a comment:

• 84sys
    replied
    Hi,

Just to confirm, that performance appears much improved! I started work on other areas of the display as soon as we got the rev counter working, and totally forgot I'd promised to return.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPKq1yhbO6o

Leave a comment:

• 84sys
    replied
    Hi Paul,

Apologies for the late reply, life got in the way this weekend!

I did manage to give it a quick test, and performance seems much improved. I'll do some more testing over the coming days and update this thread when I've done so.

Thanks again for all of your help.

Tim

Leave a comment:

• pauleilio
    replied
    Hi Tim,

Can you please try this one, we can still tweak it if the maths are not quite right. We are using MagicObject0 again and the range is set for 800

Best regards

Paul
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• 84sys
    replied
    I thought as much! But that's fine, my process is pretty quick.

I've attached the project here, happy for others to use this part of the project if they so wish.

I've created two sets of 8 Smart Gauges, one set have just a solid green "progress", the other have the progress with the red line at the end. Wasn't sure if we'd get undesirable results with the red line as it disappears at frame 0, so I've done one without to try as well.

Thanks again for all of your help, excited to see the results of this!

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• pauleilio
    replied
    Hi Tim,

Unfortunately you get to do the hardest work in making the 8 seperate Smart Gauges haha!

After you have done that you can the send the project over to me for the Magic code function to be done. If you prefer to send it privately you can use my email paul at 4dsystems dot com dot au

Best regards

Paul

Leave a comment:

• 84sys
    replied
    Hi Paul,

Just to confirm.

Can we (you, ha!) make a single magic object instead, or is it necessary to create 8 magic objects or 8 smart gauges?

If not, is it possible to export a Smart Gauge, or will I need to create a project containing them and send it over?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• pauleilio
    replied
    Hi Tim,

When you make the 8 seperate Smart Gauges you are not limited to the amount of frames per block, you can in fact have them 100 frames each if you want, we can sort out a range in maths in the MagicCode function afterwards.

Paul

Leave a comment:

Working...
X