Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie question diffrence in screens for Arduino

hi,

I am totally new to 4D systems, ordered software, cable and display just to get started. Now reading manuals. I am a bit confused about the product names.
    I have OLED-160-G2, for Arduino it is called OLED-160-G2 AR. Is the only difference between those the extra shield adapter ? So are the displays the same ?
    And can i use the screen without the adapter on a Arduino ?
    Last edited by hendrik6073; 13th December 2017, 07:08 PM.

Hello,

Welcome to the forum,

Yes the display is identical to the non -AR display and yes you can use the display without the Arduino shield adapter.You can select the OLED-160-G2 as a dsiplay when starting a new project and use any of the programming environments, or you can select it as an Arduino compatible display and take advantage of the Extended graphics environment which has generated code for your arduino and easy to use drag & drop widgets for fast development.

I hope this helps

Best regards

Paul

Comment

Hi,

I forgot to mention, you can also attach the OLED to your Arduino without the Adapter shield. It is important to remember that the reset line will operate differently without the shield. Pulling the reset LOW without the shield will reset the display. With the shield attached, due to the transistor reset circuit a HIGH is required to reset the display.

Best regards

Paul

Comment

okay thanks, have to learn a lot !

Comment

Arduino Nano is not supported ?, sorry i overlooked it in the list, it's there.....
          Last edited by hendrik6073; 19th December 2017, 06:01 AM.

Comment

Hello,

If you have the Arduino IDE installed then you should be able to select the Nano by clicking on File, then Options and the the Arduino Tab. From here you can select the Arduino naoard you are using and also make changes to the comms to sut your application.

I hope this helps

Paul

Comment

Working...
            X