Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have an issue with the compil part of a basic sketch

Hi,

I've just begin to use Workshop IDE, and I have a lot of troubles to get it working. I have a GEN4-IOD-32T as a screen.

Also I have this report message after I tried to compile

I remain available for any questions
    Attached Files

Hello,

I am sorry to hear you are having a problem compiling your sketch for the IOD-32T. Have you also tried this in the Arduino IDE just to make sure the Arduino setup is correct.

In the Arduino IDE click on Tools and then Board and select the IoD as a board and just try to compile a blank sketch to make sure it compiles ok. If it compiles ok in the Arduino IDE, then go back to workshop and click on Comms and select the com port of the IoD in the right hand drop down and then try to comp'n'load again.

The last message 'les options de compilation ont ete modifiees tout sera recompile' means that it is rebuilding and it should really move past that point and upload. If the rebuild takes a long time and your PC is slow at doing this, it is possible that it may timeout.

Best regards

Paul

Comment

Thanks for the quick answer.

I resolved the issue with the compiling part, I use a virtual machine and it only used one core or thread, something like that, so i increased it at 4 and it works now on both software. I have a 4d-UPA as a programmator. And i used the board "4d system gen4 IOD Range" in arduino and workshop.

But now I cannot load the programm on the iod, i have this message :

"error : unknown board upload.resetmethod)
      known boards are : none ck wifio nodemcu"

I think this has something to do with the board options but i'm not quite sure

Comment

Hello,

Sorry for the late answer, I have been trying to replicate your issue and it does look like there is something wrong with your board options. Is the result the same in both Workshop 4 and the Arduino IDE.

Paul

Comment

Hello,

You make have to look into your port settings as you are using a Virtual machine. You will have to 'Fix' the port to the VM as what is probably happening is that the Arduino loader can't see the port reliably and quickly enough after it has issued the reset.

I hope this helps

Best regards

Paul

Comment

Hi,

I made it work with a nodeMCU board in arduino, it compiled and loaded, but I still have the issue with Workshop, sometimes the compilation work, sometimes it does not, but i have never detected the device in "comms" even if i reroute the usb in my VM

Comment

Hi,

Is the IoD available as a board in the Arduino IDE ?

Paul

Comment

Yes it is, in ESP8266 Modules, it's called "4D Systems gen4 IOD Range" but it does not work, i have this error message :

"error : unknown board : (upload.resetmethod)
                known boards are : none ck wifio nodemcu
                the serial port selected known boards are : none k wifio nodemcu
                doesn't exist or your arduino is not connected"

Comment

Hi,

Can you send me your boards.txt file which in windows is located here C:\Users\Gemma Clements\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp8266\hardware\esp8266\2.3.0 it may be different with your vm

Thanks

Paul

Comment

Hi, here it is
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

Yes your boards.txt is not right. Please try using may boards.txt attached.

Best regards

Paul
                      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks, it works on arduino now.

On workshop still not, and i still have a hard time to compile, even a test screen with nothing, just the background, it's the same as my first post, the file attached.

Comment

Hi,

So it is now back to timeout when rebuilding. This may just be a VM issue, in that it is just taking too long to compile in a VM. Workshop will timeout after an excessive compile time. Is that the reason also in the Arduino IDE, during rebuild or re-compile.

Paul

Comment

I managed to get it work, i compiled and loaded, it's just i have to wait the cpu is at his lowest % to launch the process. I still cannot detect the device in comms but it worked anyway. Now i have a question about the widgets, i cannot see them when i upload it on the screen, is there a special way to make them appear or something like that ?

Comment

The Widgets data has to be saved on the SD which has to be removed from the IoD and inserted into the PC using a card reader. You can press SHIFT and F9 to generate the graphics and then save to the SD card. If you have already done this then they should appear in the display if the code to display them is right. In Workshop your SD card should be FAT16 formatted.

Paul

Comment

Working...
                              X