Workshop4 IDE can not open recent project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Workshop4 IDE can not open recent project

Hello! I use uLCD-32-PTU display and Workshop4 IDE v.4.5.0.17 for my VisiGenie project. Yesterday I made changes to the project and saved it in two places. Everything worked well and there was no reason to worry. But today I can not open this project on any of the computers. The project file was saved to two different paths (locally and in the cloud), but none of its copies opens. When the file is openning, the program hangs and does not display any message. The project file is attached to this letter. Please help to restore this project.
    Attached Files

So, I understade that the reason of this is that i used graphical element smartSlider. I open my project file in txt editor and delete all of this elements, and all waorks well. But why I can use SmartSliders? Is it only possible in pro version of Workshop?

Comment

You have only included the .4dgenie file. you also need, at least, the .imgdata folder and its contents

To add a smartslider would have required the PRO version, so I don't follow how you managed to get this into your project without the PRO version.

If you try to open a project that requires PRO from 'normal' workshop you should get a message saying that PRO is required to open this project and that's about it.
      Mark

Comment

he probably enabled the trial of pro in workshop and used the slider, after the week was over it locked him out of his own project

Comment

So I have bought the license for this product. My project open well. But there is another BIG problem. It is not possible to compile program. When i do this I have an error: maximum size of14400 for device has been exceeded (code required 14712). Is 14400 maximum available memory? Is there are any ways to optimize code size?

Comment

i assume your using genie, did you try rmpet on the sdcard to repartition it for the display?

Comment

tonton81, yes I'm using genie. I didn't try rmpet. As I understand it can help me with large program. Thanks!

Comment

It didn't help!

Comment

can you take a picture of the error on your screen? if its a popup or in the console of workshop, it may help us

Comment

Here it is
                    Attached Files

Comment

What destination have you got selected in the project options

How many objects have you got in your program? (use View, object locations)

If you truly have exceeded the available code space, maybe it would be better to use a Diablo based display, but we'll see
                      Mark

Comment

Originally posted by ESPsupport View Post
                        What destination have you got selected in the project options

How many objects have you got in your program? (use View, object locations)

If you truly have exceeded the available code space, maybe it would be better to use a Diablo based display, but we'll see
                        I used "Run Flash". I have 166 objects such as 1 "Sounds", 1 "Video", UserButtons, Strings and 2 keyboards.

Comment

Run flash is the 'optimal' for memory.

Keyboards use the most, I hope you can get away with just one by juggling the code a bit.
                          Mark

Comment

Unfortunatly I should use 2 keyborads: one for num keys and one for chars. If i will use Visi and create the same 166 elements, should I expect that the code will be smaller? Is any way to use SD card space for keeping code?

Comment

code no data yes, your videos and pictures should be on the usd actually

Comment

Working...
                              X