4Duino-24 won't load (almsot all) graphics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4Duino-24 won't load (almsot all) graphics

After a lot o months that I've not used the Workshop 4 IDE, and after a clean install of my PC, I tried to play again with my 4Duino-24.
    Reopened an old project that (obviulsy) it worked fine and loaded again into the board, now I show only a little bit of graphics and also some problem with text.

This is from my project...
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Immagine.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	62058
    ... and this is what I got ...
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180219_115128.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	1.39 MB
ID:	62059

Already tried to format and reload GCI and DAT files on SD card, nothing is changed.
    The only things is changed from last time I uploaded the project a lot of months ago is the version of Workshop IDE.
    Basing on data exchange with my server I see that the firmware on the board is running, only the display is stuck.
    In addition during the boot phase of my project I write some strings displayed on the display before start the graphics, this time I can't see any string displayed, except that "Mouning..."
    Any ideas?
    I'm very frustrated to think to rewrite all the sketch!

If your project is ViSi, I think, assuming everything else is 'right' that the simplest explanation is that Windows is calling your gci and dat files by a new name and you need to change the file_LoadImageControl() filenames in your program to match that name.

Are you sure you really have the correct version of your project?

What is your environment and how and what files did you copy from your old computer?

You will always need the .imgdata folder and it's contents, but if that was missing you could expect to see many errors and your project would not open.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by ESPsupport View Post
      If your project is ViSi, I think, assuming everything else is 'right' that the simplest explanation is that Windows is calling your gci and dat files by a new name and you need to change the file_LoadImageControl() filenames in your program to match that name.

Are you sure you really have the correct version of your project?

What is your environment and how and what files did you copy from your old computer?

You will always need the .imgdata folder and it's contents, but if that was missing you could expect to see many errors and your project would not open.
      Thanks for your answer Mark!

- I don't know what youo mean for ViSi project (sorry about that, I'm a very noob for the 4DSystem IDE), but I'm sure that the file names that I call on the project and those I have on SD card they are the same. I have assured that because a first debug with this project was the tilde characters that the compiler append on the file name; also if file names are under 6 charachter (my project are HOME) the compiler make the files HOME~1.gci and HOME~1.dat, so I had to change the filenames on the project according to this. If I leave the original filenames the screen remanin totally blank (even with no string "ENERGIA UTILIZZATA").

- My project are the latest backupped version and I'm pretty sure that is my latest version, but in any case what I see in the IDE isn't what I get in the hardware, so... in any case there's some problem.

- The computer and the OS is still the same, just a fresh install (Windows 10):

- I've backupped the entiere project, comprensive of the .imgdata folder.

Comment

Hmm, can you use File, zip project and send it to me, mark at 4dsystems dot com dot au?
        Mark

Comment

I've had a look at your project and without actually trying to run it, which I'm not set up to do, I can't see anything obviously wrong.

Some things to check.

Make sure that hmon~1.gci and hmon~1.dat are on the uSD in the display and are the latest. Also ensure that these are the names of the files that workshop is generating.

Make sure that HMONConst.h is being generated by Workshop and is the same version of HMONConst.h that the Arduino compiler is using when it compiles your sketch.
          Mark

Comment

hmon~1.gci and hmon~1.dat are the latest written down by compiler and I've also forced to rewrite with SHIFT+F9 (or CTRL? now I don't remember), in any case I've verified that manually in the SD card.

About HMONConst.h ... this is a new thing for me ... how and what I must check?

Comment

Workshop creates it in the same folder as the .ino file, so all should be ok. Just make sure that there's not an older copy in some other folder that the Arduino compiler might have access to
              Mark

Comment

Hello Naamah75,

I've checked out and tested your project and replicated your problem. The "mounting" message is also taking some time while it tries to connect to your network.
                Code:
                connectWiFi("192.168.1.79","1880");
                The gauges/meter widgets won't draw in the current page since it is drawn after checking the condition (check payload from network).
                Code:
                 if (payload.indexOf("|") > 0) {
                I guess your 4Duino cannot connect to your network. Maybe the IP address is not static in your router and have already changed after a month.

Best Regards.

Comment

Unfortunately isn't what you guess, the 4Duino boards connect pretty fast to the network and the node-red server exchange data with the board.
                  When I touch the screen of the 4Duino board the node-red server receive the HTTP request and change, in relation, the "currentpage" output.
                  Anyway after the "Mounting" string even if wating a lot of time or a small amount I should see all the AT command readed and writed from the ESP but this isn't true actually, after the "Mounting" string the screen are suddenly blank and then appear the string "ENERGIA UTILIZZATA" without gauges.
                  Finally... the board has worked fine until I tried to deal with him with some changing.... so, the code are old, but the board has worked continuosly.
                  I'm pretty sure that the problem isn't the code itslef, but in some compiler issue.
                  I'm sorry but I must refuse your guesses.

P.S.: The IP of the board are static on my netwok (as all the the other IoT board that I've connected).

Comment

Investigating more deeply... with serial terminal I get back thie error:
                    Code:
                    Serial 4D Library reports error NAK returned data= 21

Comment

Working...
                    X