Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compilation driver error

Good morning,

I use a GEN4-50DCT-CLB Screen and I have a problem with Workshop4.

I use a microUSB cable with gen4-PA to the micro and a uSD Reader/Writer.

When I compile with VisieGenie, it works correctly but when I use Visie this message appears :

"Apparent driver failure. Please ensure that latest PA5, programming cable, CE5, or MB5 drivers are installed"

I never compile with the card in the micro because it doesn't work, I always compile with the card in the uSD Reader and then add it in the micro.

I've tried to change the COM, reinstall Workshop4, change the uSD Reader, update the driver in window, format the uSD in FAT, change the micro USB cable.

Thank you for your help

Allamand

Hello Allamand,

Welcome to the forum

It seems that you have done everything correctly but we will need to check the status of your driver for the gen4-PA. Could you please look at your windows device manager to see if the gen4-PA is correctly installed and running correctly and what is the com port number assigned to it.

Best regards

Paul

Comment

In the properties it says that the Silicon Labs CP210x USB to UART Bridge (COM 4) works correctly

date: 21.10.2010
      Version: 6.2.0.0
      Bits/s : 9600
      Data bits : 8
      Stop bit : 1
      No flux control

Comment

Hi,

Thank you for checking that. In Workshop, click on the Comms tab and can you check that the display model is shown in the status panel. If not can you press the red button to the left of the status panel.

Paul

Comment

Hi,

Also can you let me know if the display powers up correctly.

Paul

Comment

Hi,

The comms is blue and it is written : Gen4-uLCD-50DCT- CLB-A[v2.0, 16/06/09]

When I compile, the light comes on/off quickly for 2 seconds and then it stops.

On the screen:
            Filename: EssaiiVisi.4x
            Saving to RAM
            Buffering
            error 5

Allamand

Comment

Hi,

Could you try starting a new project, choosing your display and then click on designer. Then Comp'n'Load. This should just print 'Hello World' on the display.

Paul

Comment

Hi,

It doesn't work the error message appears when I Comp'n'Load and the screen print the same message:
                Buffering
                error 5

Allamand

Comment

Hi,

But you have successfully loaded a Visi-Genie program and it worked ok. I haven't heard of this happening before. If you try a Visi-Genie program again can you let me know if that still works. Also you could try setting the destination to Flash under the Tools, Project tab.

Paul

Comment

Hi,
                    Yes it still works with ViSi-Genie.
                    I tried the destination to Flash in ViSi but the error appears again and it doesn't work

Comment

Ok,

I will do some further testing here and try to replicate your problem. I will get back to you with some more suggestions shortly.

Best regards

Paul

Comment

Hi,

This may be an issue with your filename length and how your PC is setup to handle short filenames. Could you try shortening the filename by saving your project with 'Save As' to something like EssaVisi so it is no longer than 8 characters.

Best regards

Paul

Comment

Working...
                        X