File Transfer over serial (Programming) cable Utility

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello 4D Team,

Any chance to get some source code/documentation of the FileTransfer.exe tool, in order to be able to develop a custom version ?

Comment

Both ends are quite complex.

The Windows end will not be made available. (It needs to work out such things as the USB to serial converter chip, so that it can optimise/set the transfer sizes tor best throughput)

There are similar issues at the Display end, in this case the amount of available memory on the display dictates how the transfer can optimised. So the size of the program, and in the case of Picaso, whether it is running from RAM or Flash needs to be taken into account. This also needs to be accommodated in the Windows program.

Also, the Windows program loads the program dynamically, as you may be aware this algorithm is only available under NDA.

At the moment the Display version of the programs are not commented well enough to be put in the public domain.

If they were documented better you should be able to write a controller end program to drive them.

So the question is which processor are you after the source code for, and will that be enough? (eg if you were just going to add part of it to an existing program, it would appear to be enough)

Mark

Comment

Hi,

I the end, what would be the best for me, is a simplified version of this tool, so that I can transfert some small text files to the SD card.

Transfering from display to computer, Baud rate adjustement and Console output (in the center of the window) are not necessary.

I am working with Diablo16. My target will always be same, with the same usb/serial chip : all optimizations can be hardcoded.
        Also, since the file I need to transfer are rather small (at least, at the moment), I can deal with low speed transfer.

Comment

Working...
        X