Can I use C/C++ language into 4dgl language

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I use C/C++ language into 4dgl language

Hi, im new in this and i wanted to know if 4DGL let me put some code in C or C++ and compile it. Thank you.

Hello R3d,

Welcome to the forums. 4DGL is a combination of C, Pascal and Basic. You can check the 4DGL Programmers Reference Manual for more information on coding in 4DGL and also the Internal Functions manual for each processor type for the additional functions that you might need.
    All of these reference manuals these can be viewed at https://www.4dsystems.com.au/product..._IDE/downloads

Best Regards,

Comment

Kherson, thank you for your response. I read in the forum that 4DGL is a combination of C, Pascal and Basic, but I wanted to know, if I have a code written in C or C ++, there is a function or a directive for the precompiler in the IDE that allows me to put that code? or do I have to write that code in 4DGL?

Thank you

Comment

Hello R3d,

There is no available precompiler for this, you will have to convert your program to 4DGL. For example there is only one type of variable for 4DGL which is "var", unlike in C where there is int, flt, str, chr etc. so you would have to work with 4DGL "var" to use it for other data types.

Best regards,

Comment

OK, perfect, I appreciate your answer

Comment

Working...
          X