Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which version of debian is required to work with GEN4-4DCAPE-70CT-CLB

Hello developers,

I have connected GEN4-4DCAPE-70CT-CLB with Beagle bone black and my BBB has following debian version:

Distributor ID: Debian
    Description: Debian GNU/Linux 7.9 (wheezy)
    Release: 7.9
    Codename: wheezy

Problem is that I am not receiving anything on Cape after I have connected it with Beagle bone black.

Can you please inform me whether I have to update my BBB with other version of debian ? or it should work with this version of debian. i have also read datasheet for "dataSheetgen4-4DCAPE_datasheet_R_1_0.pdf" for this cape and ensured that power supply and other connections are done correctly but it has not helped me.

Kindly inform me if you need any other information from me.

Eagerly waiting for your reply

Thank you

Hello Saurabh,

Welcome to the forum.

Which part are you specifically having a hard time on?

Have you got the cape display something already? If not, then can you check the backlight of your cape if it is lighting? If there seems to have no backlight at all, then the issue has something to do with your power source. You might have to recheck your supply. You may refer to Section 3.1 of the same datasheet for the power requirements. Additionally, you may look into this thread: https://forum.4dsystems.com.au/forum...7365#post47365
    You may also try using the latest version of Debian images here: https://beagleboard.org/latest-images.

Hope this helps and clarifications are always welcome.

Best Regards,
    Eran
    Eran

Comment

Hello Eran,

Thank you very much ...I have upgraded debian image to 9.3 version and after that LCD has started working,.

Kind regards

Saurabh Jain

Comment

Hello Saurabh

Glad to know that you have made it work.

All the best for your project!

Eran
        Eran

Comment

Working...
        X