Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updating String Objects

Hi Kimberly ,
    I need to show some error messages ie "PA0 SIGNAL SHORTED HI "etc if the input is out of range on the four analogues whilst the fault is present .
    If I use strings0 and trigger it from if ( read_Pin(PA0) >=value ) what syntax after that will return the strings0 "text" . and then else off again .

I will use about 9 strings in different screen positions in message format if available ??

genie pro , no host , own interface to PA board , as above

Thanks in advance

regards
    Terry

Hello again Terry,

With regards to displaying an error message when the input is out of range, you can use the PrintStrings() function. You can read more about this in the Visi-Genie Reference Manual, under the Genie Magic Callable Functions table.

You can also find more information about the string widget here:
    https://www.4dsystems.com.au/downloa...013_R_1_01.pdf

By 'message format', I think you are referring to the message style option shown in the appnote above. I created a sample project that makes use of this mode for String objects. Please see attached file.

Best Regards,
    Kimberly
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Kimberly ,
      Thanks again. I will have another look at my program when I get near my PRO licence tomorrow . I know that my solution was quite bulky so I am keen to simplify it now .

regards
      Terry

Comment

Hello Terry,

You're welcome. We are looking forward to hear from you again.

Best Regards,
        Kimberly

Comment

Working...
        X