IoD Serial Port Issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,

I have new information. I have borrowed a laptop from my colleague who is the sales representative at our company. The laptop has only office software and no any more. So this is a virgin software from our side.
    I have installed the Arduino IDE with all components, the ESP board (same version) and the GFX4D library.
    Unfortunately the result was the same. The phenomenon was the same.
    As I see it is not computer or WIN10 problem. It is something else.

Do you have any effort in this case?

Peter

Comment

Hi Peter,

It really is odd that you cannot upload any code to your IoD. I have copied your setup with Arduino 1.8.8 IDE but have the 2.5.0 BETA3 core installed now and it works fine. I previously had the 2.4.2 core installed which also worked fine. As you have managed to upload your code once it is difficult to say that it is faulty. One thing we could try again is to put it into boot load mode manually again but this time we can wait until the LED starts flashing on the UPA and then press and hold reset, press flash, release reset and then release flash.

If we can get it to upload code regularly using this method then it would indicate an issue with the UPA only.

Best regards

Paul

Comment

HI Paul,

Thanx for the hint. I will try this method. However I do not know how can I manage the upload with a different way. I can do this only one way with pushing the upload button.
        I do not understand why this systems works at other people and you and why not works at me.
        Peter

Comment

Hi Paul,

BINGO!!!!!!!

Working the upload sequence!

I did what you asked. I have pressed the reset and flash button together when the LED started to flash. After that firstly I released the reset button and then I released the flash button.
          With this method I can upload the code to the modul. Yessssss… I would be better if it can working without pushing buttons but ok. It is working.

Now I have two other issues what I have. :-)

1. There is a google link.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gv...jFvcKsA8flNIZ0

As you see the code reserving the half of the memory size. Can I somehow free the memory?

2. There is another google link which contains a video. I would like representing that there is a lot of warning.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gN...hBaPRoZgJwDYjL

Peter

Comment

Hi Peter,

That is great news. So glad you are now able to program the IoD

Unfortunately a lot of the used memory is the space taken by the Arduino core itself and as such isn't free-able. I will have a look and see if there are any savings that can be made as we add 2 system fonts and other data in the GFX4d library

Thanks for pointing out the warnings, I know a lot of these were addressed in the latest GFX4d but I may need to go through it again. I have attached a pre-release version of the latest GFX4d if you would like to try it out.

Best regards

Paul

Attached Files

Comment

Hi Paul,

Unfortunately the warnings still here.

Peter

Comment

Hi Peter,

Ok thanks for letting me know. I will look into it before final release. They are only warnings and won't affect the IoDs performance. You can turn these off in the Arduino IDE back to default settings.

Best regards

Paul

Comment

Hello,

Do you have digital multimeter, so you can check the bootload mode voltage at logic low and it should be around/near 1.8v.

To do this, have the negative probe on the GROUND and the positive probe on the G0 pin. PIN G0 should always be at near/equal Vcc voltage 3.3v, in entering bootload mode this will be pulled down to logic low around/near 1.8v.

I've attached an image as reference to where you can put those probe.

If possible please post a clear image of component side the UPA. That way we can have a check of your UPA.

Kind regards,
                  Bern

Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the hint. I will be measuring what you asked for at Monday morning in my time.
                    We have discussed with Paul about the warnings. I have switched off in the setup/ compile menu level but the warning still have been shows.

Peter

Comment

Hello,

Sorry for that I have not chance to measure out what you have asked for. However it is interesting thing that two days ago in the early morning i have noticed that the uploading started to work.
                      I do not know what happened I did not do anything different then before this. It has just happened..

Now working. It is automatically upload the compiled code.

Peter

Comment

Hello,

It's good to know that it's working now. You can always reach our forum anytime.

Kind regards,
                        Bern

Comment

Hi,

It is connected with the former posts and I think this is a very annoying thing and I am grim now.

The problem with the "Arduino IDE does not responding" came up again. I am really hate this. This is the n+1 time when this error message comes up.
                          Two months ago I have had a similar problem with communicating the UPA now this.
                          The only one difference between the below mentioned UPA problem and the "not responding" problem is that yesterday the WIN10 installed a few update.
                          I have checked these updates and there is one security update for Adobe and this:
                          March 12, 2019—KB4489868 (OS Build 17134.648)

Please do something before I go mad.
                          Peter
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Peter,

Sorry to hear you are having issues again. I have had a look at the contents of the KB4489868 update and can't see anything in there that might affect anything. If you could try what we have tried before and upload an example using the Arduino IDE to see if the Arduino IDE is working correctly and also check in Device Manager again, to see the status of the UPA.

Best regards

Paul

Comment

Hi Paul,

I have new picture from java messages.

Ok, now I calmed down.
                              The situation is the following,.
                              I am working with two projects in the same time.
                              There are here one IoD9-24 and an atmega2560. I have could working on these two platform in the same time.
                              The IoD have been programmed with Workshop and the atmega have been programmed with the Arduino IDE in the same time! It has worked for two month since yesterday.

Now I have tried that I have programmed the IoD from directly the Arduino IDE and it is working without any failure. So this side of the system is ok.
                              If I would like to program the IoD from directly the Workshop then I can receive the attached message.

Is it help to you?

Peter
                              Attached Files

Comment

Hi Paul,

There is another interesting thing that when I use Arduino IDE to program the IoD then I see that the compiling needs a big amount of time to do this. While programming the atmega is very fast (10-15sec) then programming the IoD takes almost 1min.

Peter

Comment

Working...
                                X