4dpi 32 raspberry pi model b+ No network after hat configuration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you James,
    I understand that it would be tedious to update for every minor release. Is there an area where we can see the latest documenation that contains the latest compatable RPI image in comparison to the latest tar.gz?
    The latest 4DPi version i've seen from browsing 4DPi-32_datasheet_R_1_6.pdf where 4d-hats_4-4-34_v1.1.tar.gz is latest? Can you confirm so I can update to the most recent possible? I do see that this was written in 2017.
    If i were to also make a ticket to request a later update for a major release (forgive me) where would be the best possible place to do so?

Thanks once again for the prompt response and detailed info!

Edit to add info:
    I realize from other posts that you might not have any more version 1.xx for testing. will this be a problem in getting updated documentation for the latest raspbian w/kernel 4.14? I have two 1.02 version 4DPi-24-HAT screens. And maybe if there was a possibility that the developer were able to give some basic instructions on how to build the tar.gz based on new kernels I would gladly attempt to do this myself and share it on the forums here for users who still have this great hardware, but want/need upgrades for security etc.

HUGE Thanks!!
    Last edited by b3hr3ns; 24th May 2019, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Hello,

I have managed to get a 4DPi-32 (Hardware Rev. 1.3) and have successfully boot the display. I could also confirm that the touch is working on this module.

Here is my setup:

4DPi Display: 4DPi-32 HW Rev. 1.3

Raspberry Pi: Raspberry Pi 3 Model B

4DPi Kernel Version: gen4-hats_4-14-34_v1.1.tar.gz

Raspberry Pi Version: November 2018

The latest 4DPi version i've seen from browsing 4DPi-32_datasheet_R_1_6.pdf where 4d-hats_4-4-34_v1.1.tar.gz is latest? Can you confirm so I can update to the most recent possible? I do see that this was written in 2017.
      We have updated the datasheet on our website, can you please check and follow again the instructions on the Software Download/Installation section.

4DPi-32
      4DPi-35
      gen4-4DPi

I saw the comment above from John Kevin and uncommented dtoverlay=4dpi-32
      May I ask if you are using the 4DPi-32 on your current setup?

I have two 1.02 version 4DPi-24-HAT screens.
      You can check the datasheet for 4DPi-24-HAT. Please follow the setup procedure and post here the result.

Let me know if that helps.

Best Regards,
      Kevin
      Last edited by John Kevin; 24th May 2019, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Hello, I just received RaspBerry Pi 4B which only runs on Debian Buster.

I couldn't manage to make it work with 4d-hats_4-4-34_v1.1.tar.gz 4DPI-32-rev2 screen

Do you think it is still working?

On RasPi 3B+ with Debian Buster hat screen works only if both HDMI and hat is on.

On 4B with Debian Buster hat doesn't work at all.

Could you help?
        Last edited by Gomania; 9th July 2019, 11:55 PM.

Comment

Hello,
          The Pi4 release Kernel Pack will be coming out soon, we are just waiting for our Pi4 to arrive, then development can happen and a release will be made available.
          Please wait a few more days, and hopefully we will have something then.
          James

Comment

Hello James, any news about it? Is there any chance it will work with RPi 3 and current Raspbian with 4.19 kernel? It works with current driver for 4.14 partially only. The display is live but keyboards nor mice doesn't work. Only the touchscreen and ssh.

Comment

Its with final testing now. All going well so far. Hopefully monday/tuesday release.
              Should work with current July release of Raspian on all Pis.
              James

Comment

Here is a pre-release Kernel Pack for the Buster Desktop release from July 2019. It is not working for Lite yet it seems, but hopefully there will be an update soon.
                Please note the /download link as per the datasheet is not working currently, we are actively trying to resolve this.
                For now, you can download the Pre-Release kernel pack from the product pages on the website.
                Kernel 4-19-57

Here is a temporary direct link
                https://4dsystems.com.au/mwdownloads...d/link/id/715/
                James

Comment

Hi James, thanks a lot. It seems working so far with full Buster.

Comment

Hello,

I am trying to use 4DPi32v1 on Raspi3B touch screen doesn't work.

i tried following firmwares:

4d-hats_4-4-21_v1.0.tar.gz --> this one is working with 4DPi32v1 on RasPi3
                    4d-hats_4-4-34_v1.1.tar.gz --> this one is working for RasPi3B+ but not on Raspi3B

also edited /etc/modules
                    Code:
                    4dpi_touch # uncommented this
                    also edited /boot/config.txt
                    Code:
                    dtoverlay=4dpi-32 # uncommented this

dtparam=i2c0 # also tried uncommenting this one
                    Could you help which firmware version required for Raspi3B with 4DPi32v1 to get touch screen to work?

Comment

Hello Gomania,

Have you tried to use the latest 4D kernel patch which is compatible with Raspbian Buster?
                      I tried to run it on a 4DPI-32 HW Rev. 1.3 and it is working fine.

Here is my setup:

4DPi Display: 4DPi-32 HW Rev. 1.3

Raspberry Pi: Raspberry Pi 3 Model B

4DPi Kernel Version: gen4-hats_4-19-57-v7l+_v1.0.tar.gz

Raspberry Pi Version: July 2019 (Raspbian Buster with desktop)

You can manually download the file using this link:
                      Code:
                      http://4dsystems.com.au/downloads/4DPi/All/gen4-hats_4-19-57-v7l+_v1.0.tar.gz

Or download it on the Raspberry Pi terminal using the wget command
                      Code:
                      wget http://4dsystems.com.au/downloads/4DPi/All/gen4-hats_4-19-57-v7l+_v1.0.tar.gz
                      Then install the package
                      Code:
                      sudo tar -xzvf gen4-hats_4-19-57-v7l+_v1.0.tar.gz -C /
                      Since 4DPi-32 rev1xx doesn't have an EEPROM, you need to manually modify the content of /boot/config.txt
                      Code:
                      sudo nano /boot/config.txt
                      Find and uncomment the line #dtoverlay=4dpi-32
                      ​​​​​​​
                      Code:
                      # uncomment one of the overlays if loading from EEPROM is not supported
                      dtoverlay=4dpi-32
                      #dtoverlay=4dpi-35
                      #dtoverlay=24-hat
                      #dtoverlay=32-hat
                      #dtoverlay=35-hat
                      You should be able to boot the display. Touch on display is working as well.

I hope this helps.
                      ​​​​​​​
                      Best regards,
                      Kevin

Comment

I am trying on Debian jessie Lite. It gets stuck. Doesn't boot.

We already know firmware for Buster doesn't work with lite version.

I guess I'll be waiting for lite version to come out.

Thanks,
                        Last edited by Gomania; 1st August 2019, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X