Graph in gen4-uLCD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graph in gen4-uLCD

I wanted to know what type of graphs can be displayed using the Graph tool in the workshop 4 IDE . Can i get XY graphs and Intensity Graphs ?? I have attached the images as per my requirement for better understanding.

Any help is appreciated . Thank You
    Attached Files
    Last edited by interns.ug@constelli.com; 31st July 2018, 08:17 PM.

Hello,

The built-in graphs you can find in the Workshop4 IDE are the scope and the spectrum widgets, however, you can utilize the commands under "Graphics Functions" in the datasheet to create the type of graph you want.
    You may find the datasheet by pressing F1 while on the Workshop4 IDE or you can follow this link: https://www.4dsystems.com.au/product...ions_R_2_0.pdf

Best Regards,
    Kimberly

Comment

Thank you for your suggestion . But I'm still not clear with my doubt and it would be helpful if you provide any example or any source code regarding plotting of graphs . I'll explain a bit on my requirement , I have to plot and observe data from continuous samples in real time and the plot has to be done by taking waveforms overlapped on each other and all the waveforms should be seen on the screen without any loss of previous data. What is the maximum number of samples which can be displayed at a time on the scope ?

Thank You

Comment

I have another idea . The idea is creating those graphs in another software which is easy to do and sending the image of the graph to display it on the 4d systems screen and updating the image to the screen at a rate of 50Hz or 60Hz(which would look like a real time moving graph) . Is that possible to do with gen4-uLCD-24DT .
        Thank You

Comment

Hello again,

By default, the maximum amount of waveforms that can be displayed at a time using the scope widget is 4. However, in Visi environment, it is possible to modify the scope so that it will display the number of traces you prefer.

You can open the Scope4.inc file to see the codes you can use. Just type "Scope4.inc" on the programming window in the Workshop4 IDE, click on the "Scope4.inc" string then right click. Select "Open File at Cursor".

This code is responsible for telling the scope widget what to do. To add another trace, this is the code you would need to modify.

You can check the sample project I've attached. It demonstrates how to plot values on the scope as well as how to have more than 4 traces displayed.

Just note that the plotting becomes significantly slower the more traces you add. Also, the data were saved in an array where the maximum size depends on the width of the scope. The data displayed will be the latest value saved, while the value at the front of the array is discarded as new values were received.

I hope that this will give you an idea for creating your own graph design or for utilizing the Scope widget as a means to graph your values.

With regards to sending an image to the display at 50 or 60Hz, it wouldn't be possible as the gen4-uLCD-24DT's frame rate is only 9.3 fps and it would take some time to send an image through Serial.

Best Regards,
          Kimberly
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the example code . I have figured out a way to do it and I'm not sure whether it works fine so, is there any way to simulate and check my idea ?

Comment

Hello,

Unfortunately, we do not have a simulation software for you to test out your idea. You can only check if your idea will work fine if you write the code for it and upload it to the display.

Best Regards,
              Kimberly

Comment

Working...
              X