Running slide show from serial uOLED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running slide show from serial uOLED

Using the 1.7" uOLED with serial control. Using the test scripts, the board seems to function as represented.

I have used GC to create a two picture slide show with delays and the slide show runs repeatedly if I use the jumper on the uOLED board.

Now I want to run it from the serial control functions.

Ao, using the serial control functions, how do I go from the rather cryptic data in the GC created .txt file to making the slide show run? What serial command do I use and what are the parameters I need to pass and how do I find them in the .txt file that GC creates?

Will a single serial command cause this to play or do I need multiple commands? What happens at the end of my slide show...does it just quit or do I need to do something to get it to quit?

THX,

MRIII

MRIII,

Please take a look at the following thread. It describes the command required to display images from the uSD card ("@I", Display Image) and how to use the information provided in the text file created by the Graphics Composer to get the required parameters for the command.

http://www.websitetoolbox.com/tool/post/4d/vpost?id=2975959

The Display Image command just displays a single image. If you wish to display several images, you will need to issue the command for each image you wish to display. You have complete control of which images to display, how long to leave the image on screen before displaying the next image, etc. Just send the appropriate commands to the display.
    If you want to run a slideshow already loaded on the uSD card by using a serial command, as opposed to shorting the RUN jumper on the display, you can use the serial "@P" command to start executing the commands that were stored on the uSD card at location zero by the GC (the same commands that are executed by the Autorun feature. In order to stop the slide show, you can send the Exit Program from Memory card command (HEX oC). Please see the Extended Command Set starting on Page 40 of the User Manual:
    http://www.4dsystems.com.au/downloads/micro-OLED/uOLED-160-G1/Docs/

Regards,

Steve
    Any technology, sufficiently developed, is indistinguishable from magic. A.C. Clark(RIP)

NEW! Lower prices on all 4D Systems products for 2009 and continuing into 2010!
    http://shop.littlepcbsolutions.com

Comment

Steve,

That's a big help. Thanks. I'll give it a try and report back. Seems like all that info ought to be in the "GC Manual", or at least a reference.

Thanks again,

MRIII

Comment

That information has me now controlling the slide show from the serial interface. Video is next to try. Any additional suggestions?

Thanks,
        MRIII

Comment

It looks like you've got it all figured out. The only difference is to select Add, Movie in the GC and use the "@V" serial command instead of the ""@I" that you used for images.

The only suggestion I would make is that you use a video editing program to resize/crop your videos to the screen size you're using, i.e. 160x128. You can use the Stretch or Zoom options in the GC to scale a larger video down to your screen size, but you'll probably get better results if the GC doesn't have to do all that work.

Enjoy,

Steve

P.S. I'm working on a tutorial for image and video display using the GC to load images/videos and using both the serial and 4DGL platforms to display the files (including demystifying the .txt file information and how the data is stored on the uSD card).
          Any technology, sufficiently developed, is indistinguishable from magic. A.C. Clark(RIP)

NEW! Lower prices on all 4D Systems products for 2009 and continuing into 2010!
          http://shop.littlepcbsolutions.com

Comment

Working...
          X