Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• keypad input to leddigits?

Hi.

I got multiple trackbars which I use to set values leddigit values through arduio host.. I got it a bit to sensitive to get the right values, so instead I would like to use Leddigits and just enter value from keypad.

1) either keypad to arduino, which updates the EEprom and leddigit. (but how to select the correct leddigits?

2) touch the leddigits, the keypad popsup after the change leddigits send evnt report to arduino..?

anyone having a good solution?

im using Visi genie and Workshop PRO.

/Kasper.
    Last edited by kaspervissing; 21st August 2018, 06:30 AM. Reason: Spell errors

Hi Kasper,

The idea of displaying the leddigits value inputted from the keyboard is possible.

As with selecting the correct leddigits, setting a button dedicated to each led digits is the easiest way. The button will act as a selector of which leddigits will display the value.

However, enabling the touch of leddigits and having an animated effect when it comes to showing the keyboard object is impossible through a simple Visi-Genie project.
    Yet, it is possible using the Visi-Genie magic codes.

In case that you don’t want the idea of using a button, you can also use the Visi-Genie magic codes, as it allows you to put 4DGL code in your Visi-Genie project. With this, you can achieve the objectives you have mentioned.

Best Regards,
    Pearl
    Pearl

Comment

Originally posted by Pearl View Post
      Hi Kasper,

The idea of displaying the leddigits value inputted from the keyboard is possible.

As with selecting the correct leddigits, setting a button dedicated to each led digits is the easiest way. The button will act as a selector of which leddigits will display the value.

However, enabling the touch of leddigits and having an animated effect when it comes to showing the keyboard object is impossible through a simple Visi-Genie project.
      Yet, it is possible using the Visi-Genie magic codes.

In case that you don’t want the idea of using a button, you can also use the Visi-Genie magic codes, as it allows you to put 4DGL code in your Visi-Genie project. With this, you can achieve the objectives you have mentioned.

Best Regards,
      Pearl
      Thanks Pearl.

I've tryid to look aroud the forum ad app notes for similar projects. but cannot find anything using a pointer to detect led digits.

could it be something like this:

first send a "index" value to the host controller so it knows which led digit to update, store this and wait for keyboard input and last update led digit?

This I would really like some help to accomplish
      Last edited by kaspervissing; 21st August 2018, 06:38 AM.

Comment

Hi again, Kasper,

Sorry to hear that you weren’t able to find an example related to what you want to achieve to your project.

You might want to consider the sample project that I have attached, as with this the Leddigits object acts similar to a button. Each time the Leddigits is press and release the Led object will update accordingly. Also after the Leddigits was released its value will increase and will return to zero once it reached the value greater than 50.

leddigits_led.zip

Likewise, kindly check the links below for it might also help you.

https://www.4dsystems.com.au/appnote/4D-AN-00189/
        https://www.4dsystems.com.au/appnote/4D-AN-00159/

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Pearl

Pearl

Comment

Working...
        X