Gen4-IOD-24T to arduino

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gen4-IOD-24T to arduino

I picked up the Gen4-IOD-24T from digikey and it came with the older blue programming module. Is it possible using just this to connect to a arduino to send and receive data? If not what module is needed? I had thought I could simply do it over the RX/TX connections on it.

To get a better idea of what I'm doing with it: I'm using the screen for a robotics project where the arduino will control a motor and servo and have buttons and sensors, the screen will mainly be used to display information from the arduino such as battery voltage, whether or not switches are toggled, that sort of thing.

Hello,

Welcome to the forum

The Serial to USB converter on the blue programming module and the newer red UPA is connected to RX & TX and can affect serial comms using these pins when connected to another serial device. Ideally, connecting with the flat cable (FFC) will allow you to use TX and RX without a problem. You can use a breakout board that connects to the flat cable and brings out all the pins to convenient headers. I found this after doing a quick search.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/FPC-...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

I hope this helps

Best regards

Paul

Comment

Working...
    X