Programmatic control of screen brightness

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Programmatic control of screen brightness

I have a GEN4-uLCD-50DT and the application I'm developing is in Visi. Can the display brightness...or contrast as I have read elsewhere...be controlled programmatically? I want to dim or turn off the display after a period of inactivity. Can this be done? If so, what API calls do I make use of?

Thanks,

Mike

Hi Mike,

By setting the contrast to a value of 0 turns the display OFF while having the value from 1 to 15 enables you to control the contrast level or the backlight brightness. This can be done using the function gfx_Contrast(value). On the other hand, the period of inactivity can be measured with the Timer Functions. You may refer to the Diablo16 Processor Internal Functions Reference Manual for further discussion of the ViSi Functions.
    Danica

Comment

How come this is not documented in the Diablo 16 Internal functions? Usage example? Return type?

Thanks,

Mike

Comment

What is the default brightness level?

Comment

Hi Mike,

As discussed in the Diablo16 Processor Internal Functions Reference Manual, in section 2.6.46 which includes list of functions for setting graphics control parameters, it is stated that you may use the contrast function by the syntax of
          Code:
          gfx_Set(CONTRAST, value);
          or, as a short-cut,
          Code:
          gfx_Contrast(value);
          where value ranges from 0 to 15. Again, by referring to the same section, this function has no returning values.

The default contrast of our displays is 15 except the 7" displays, where it is 12, this is to try and lower the current so it can be used with more computer's USB ports.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
          Danica

Comment

Working...
          X