Font Names

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Font Names

Is it possible to rename the font files? When the fonts get created they are named X.da1 and X.gc1 or X.d01 and X.g01. If I rename the file to X.dat and X.gci the font no longer works. In Visi I haven't found an option that allows me to set the extension.

Hi Dom,

You may rename the files manually after they are loaded to the uSD card. However, you need to keep in mind that the font files loaded by file_LoadImageControl matches the filenames in the uSD card.

Say for instance,

This is the part of the code that handles the SD card fonts and
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	3.1 KB
ID:	65233

This is the font files generated in the SD card.

Name:	Capture1.PNG
Size:	1.5 KB
ID:	65234

You can also check the application note below, for you to be guided with this subject.
    https://www.4dsystems.com.au/appnote/4D-AN-00080/

Out of curiosity, may I know the reason of changing the name of the font files?

Best Regards,
    Pearl
    Pearl

Comment

When I rename image files they work fine. When I rename a font file then the display just uses the default system font. Yes, I do make sure that the name passed to file_LoadImageControl matches the file name on the SD card

The reason for changing the font names is for remote field updates. If all the files on the SD card have just the .dat and .gci extension it makes the commands for our field reps easier. We already have an update system in place for software on the rest of our system, which adds the appropriate extension to files based on the command passed in. It may sound convoluted, but for our system it really does make sense to do it this way.

Comment

Hi Dom,

Please be advised that our display modules only supports 8.3 filenames.

You can do a “dir /x” of the files after renaming the generated font files in SD card, for you to check the correct filename to use.

Say for example

After the files have generated in SD card rename the font files:

Name:	Capture1.PNG
Size:	4.0 KB
ID:	65248
        Then type the dir/x in the command prompt window

Name:	Capture.PNG
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	65249

And copy the shortened version of the filename.

Name:	Capture2.PNG
Size:	6.7 KB
ID:	65250

Please let me know if the above information helps and feel free to ask if you have any questions regarding to this subject.

BR,

Pearl
        Pearl

Comment

Working...
        X