X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ashasingh18
    replied
    Hi,
    I was able to get the ESP8266 AC's IP address as well as the mac address: 192.168.4.1,
    I was able to "joinAP"
    I had to change the AT+CWMODE to be set to 3 (station plus AP)

I have the SSID to set as "connect_here" and password as "123456789"

When I look at my Android phone, I never see "connect_here", I am seeing couple of "ESP_D445E6" -- not exactly same but "ESP_xxxxxx"
    I was wondering if I should see "connect_here"

Thanks,
    Asha

Leave a comment:

• pauleilio
    replied
    Hi Asha

As the ESP8266 attaches serially, the library should be compatible with many Arduino platforms. It does work very well on the 4Duino and removes the need to use AT commands. There are some examples within the library. I am still looking through your code and hope to have solved the issue soon.

Best regards

Paul

Leave a comment:

• ashasingh18
    replied
    Hi,

Thank you for your help.
    I did look at this library, but it only supports
    I looked at this website, http://www.4duino.com/getting-started-with-wi-fi/, that talks about 4Duino WIFI and it also uses this library which is misleading. I could not locate the code that this website is talking about along with the library.

Thanks,
    Asha

Leave a comment:

• pauleilio
    replied
    Hi,

I used a different platform to test and get the IP address so it wouldn't really work on the 4Duino. Here is the link to the library that we use for the ESP8266 attached to the 4Duino.

https://github.com/itead/ITEADLIB_Arduino_WeeESP8266

and in your code if you wanted to use it.

#define ESPRESET 17
    #include <SoftwareSerial.h>
    #define ESPserial SerialS
    SoftwareSerial SerialS(8, 9) ;
    #include "ESP8266.h"
    ESP8266 wifi(SerialS,19200);

I will examine your code to see if I can get it as an AP using AT commands.

Best regards

Paul

Leave a comment:

• ashasingh18
    replied
    Hi,
    I was wondering if you could share your code that runs in ATmega32U4 in 4Duino to talk to the ESP8266? That does the same thing I am trying?
    Also, are you using ESP8266 library? Or which library to use?
    Thanks, Asha

Leave a comment:

• ashasingh18
    replied
    Sorry forgot to attach file.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• ashasingh18
    replied
    Hi Paul,
    I am to know that "ESP_D445E6" was not my imagination. I have been debugging this for sometime.

Anyway, I am attaching my 4Duino project could. You have to kinda strip out stuff. Becuase its has code to communicate with my PIC18F along with PICASO. Not very clean code. But the code is partly in the "setup" and then in the loop at the end. Look for
    "//////// handle wifi over ESP8266 //////////"

Thank you,
    Asha

Leave a comment:

• pauleilio
    replied
    Hello,

Usually the IP address when set in AP mode is 192.168.4.1 so it looks like your change to AP Mode is unsuccessful. I have just tried it on another ESP8266 device and confirmed the same however it is without AT commands. ESP_D445E6 does very much look like a default ESP wifi id.

Would it be possible to send me your code and I will try to see if I can get it setup as an access point.

Best regards

Paul

Leave a comment:

• ashasingh18
    started a topic Trying to setup my 4duino With ESP8266 WIFI as a server

Trying to setup my 4duino With ESP8266 WIFI as a server

Hi,
    My system consists of a 4Duino (has ATmega32U4, AVR) which has ESP8266

I have set up the code within my ino file to talk to the ESP8266 via ATmega32U4
    If I set my SSID to my company's guest SSID and its associated pass word, I can cannect to my 4Duino with my PC application.

But I am trying to setup my 4Duino as a hotspot so that an app on my andriod phone can connect to this 4Duino using temporary SSID and password.
    After the app n my andriod phone is connected, it will send the the my company's guest SSID and its associated pass word.

On my 4Duino, I setup the SSID as "abcdefg" and password as "123456789"
    I can see that the 4Duino successfully goes into station mode via "AT+CWMODE" and then joins the AP mode via "AT+CWJAP" command using this SSID "abcdefg" and password as "123456789"
    And the I try to get the soft IP via "AT+CIFSR", I get an IP address of 0.0.0.0
    Question is, is this correct?
    What is my 4Duino WIFI's ip address? and it's mac address? Or, how can I get it?

Also, when I look on my app on my andriod phone, I see "ESP_D445E6" -- this is also appearing on my WIFI display is this from my 4Duino?

Any help/suggestion is appreciated.
    Thank you,
    Asha

Starts
    18th September 2018
    Ends
    18th September 2018
Working...
X