Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am very new in 4Duino

Hi Everyone!

Sorry for this but I did not know where can I put my support request.

So I am very new here and in this system. I started to learn how's work the 4Duino and I encountered a phenomenon what I not understand and I would like to ask some help in this case.

I have put a picture from the phenomenon. On the picture has a flickering on the left side of green numbers.
    i have put a code as well.

There is another problem what I have encountered since I have started to make codes in this systems and as I see others has the same problem and I tried the solution but with unsuccess.
    Every time when I start a compile or compile and load the compiler throw up a red colour message "Arduino IDE does not appear to be not responding, check comms port".
    However the compiler run to finish and if I wait some minutes then it seems that the display start working with the complied new code.

Could you help me in this case.

Peter
    Attached Files

Hello Peter,

Thanks for the code. I can't find an issue with the code so I will need to look at the whole workshop project. You can do this in Workshop by clicking on File and then Zip Project and send the zip to me.

Best regards

Paul

Comment

Hello Paul,

Thank you very much for your quick and kind answer. Fortunately the system now works. Interesting that I did not do nothing for this. Suddenly it has just happened. I attached a picture from the display.
      But what I observed that the error message (arduino IDE does not responding) appear for a short time during the compile and when the compiling process finished this message gone the summarize window pop up but the upload of the compiled code not transferred to the system just after very long time (aprox. 5-6 min or more). However sometimes nothing happens about code upload.
      I attached a picture from the working display and a zip file what have you asked.

Another case what I would like to ask you has marked on the picture with red marking. This is the date and time what giving to the display an RTC chip. I placed dot between year-month-date numbers and double dot between hour and minutes. Unfortunately it is not working.

Best regards

Peter
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Peter

The compile time can take a bit longer if you have a busy PC but I have noticed that it will carry on despite the warning. I have changed the custom digit for a static text using '.' and ':' these characters are not supported in LEDdigits or Custom digits.

Best regards

Paul
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Paul,

I understand. Thank you very much for your kind help.

Best regards
          Peter

Comment

Hi,

I am here again. Now I have tried to put the keyboard to my code but I have encountered an error message what I do not understand exactly.
            After I have been put the static code into the main code then I moved the "setup" part of the keyboard static code to a separated function called " void time_screen() " as you see.
            I call this function from an other screen.
            After compiling the following error message has been sent what I attached.

Best regards
            Peter
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi Peter,

Yes it will be the 255's which is causing the problem in that line. I will have a look to see if we can workaround it. Would you mind sending me your project again.

Best regards

Paul

Comment

Hi Paul,

I am sorry for late reply.
                I attached the requested file.

Best regards
                Peter
                Attached Files

Comment

• peter.hanak
                  peter.hanak commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hi Paul,

In the meanwile I try to solve this problem and I found if I remove all lines for the keyboard widget from the code then the "255" phenomenon disappear. After then I put again the keyboard lines into the code then this oKeyboard line with the "255" value turn up again in the const file. Every time this happens.

Best regards
                  Peter

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the extra information. I am still looking into this and hope to have a solution shortly.

Best regards

Paul

Comment

Hi Paul!

I have pull out the keyboard widget from the code for a while and started to see another way to handle the input.
                  There is a sample code called button what is described how can be use the touch function.
                  What is interesting is that the Display.touch_Get(TOUCH_STATUS) always has zero value what I do not understand.
                  I put into this code the following serial commands.

Serial.print("Coordinates: ");Serial.print(x);Serial.print("/");Serial.println(y);
                  Serial.print("Touch status: ");Serial.println(Display.touch_Get(TOUCH_STATUS));delay(1000);

In the terminal what I see is that the coordinates are changing so the touch is working but the touch status always zero.

Could you check what maybe happen?

Big thanks.

Peter

Comment

Hi Paul!

Sorry for this. I have solved that. It was a missunderstand from me. I moved the serial command just after the state variable and now I see how works the touch function.

It seems I have to store the touch state in a variable to use.

Peter

Comment

Working...
                    X