Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• file_Exec() and program size

Hi,

I am currently working on a rather larger project on a Gen4-uLCD-50DTC-CLB.
    The program is rather advanced, and therefore pretty big (~38000 bytes, and has to run from FLASH)

I implemented the call of an external function with file_Exec(), and everything worked fine.
    I then increased (a lot) the size of some arrays, and the file_Exec() is now not working all the time.

If I reduce the size of my arrays, I can get it to work.

I tried increasing the STACK up to 4000, with no success.

Basically, the external function a keyboard, allowing the end-user to label some memories.
    When the user is done typing, the function returns a string.

I can call the function once, and all is fine.
    When I call it again, it does not launch. My main program does not crash, but I am unable to get my keyboard.

Is there any parameter that I need to take care of when callling an external function ?
    I already optimized my program a lot to reduce RAM usage, but I can not make it any better for now (unless there is a way to for the type of variables to boolean, using just 1 bit ?)

Thanks.

Hello Vincent,

If you want you can zip your project to me at john dot asuncion at 4dsystems dot com dot au
    so I can further analyze your problem.

Best Regards,
    Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by John Kevin View Post
      Hello Vincent,

If you want you can zip your project to me at john dot asuncion at 4dsystems dot com dot au
      so I can further analyze your problem.

Best Regards,
      Kevin
      Done.
      Thanks.

Comment

For futur questions, here was the issue :

The function I was calling with the file_Exec() was not freeing memory before returning. Therefore, after 1 or several call, there would be a memory space issue.
        The solution was to add, in the external function, a mem_Free(hndl); just before the return instruction.

Comment

Working...
        X