Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4Duino system, Confirming best way to power down 4Duino

Hi,
    I have a 4Duino with display module picaso and wifi module esp8266.along with added batteries so the system can run on batteries instead of USB calble.

System is up and running and I would like to put the complete system in power down mode so that it is completely power down and not using any power to drain system power.
    This is in the case where system is idle for more than say 5 minutes.

Below is the code that I use to power down the system (in this scheme I never enable the wifi)

Display.pin_LO(BACKLITE);
    Display.pin_HI(AUDIO_ENABLE);
    Display.sys_Sleep(0);

digitalWrite(MAINBOARD_PWR_LED, LOW);
    set_sleep_mode(SLEEP_MODE_PWR_DOWN);
    sleep_enable();
    sleep_cpu();

I understand that the only way to bring up the system is to power cycle.

Question is: will the above completely shut down the system? Including the wifi and picaso?

Thanks,
    Asha

Hi Asha

The 4Duino will still be powered like this and consuming current but quite a bit less.

The only way will be to power it down completely with power detached from the 4Duino. If you are using a battery you could possibly use a buck type converter that has an output enable function. Using this type of battery power converter, when off they typically consume uA which would last a considerable length of time. If you have any spare outputs on the 4Duino, this could control the output enable and a simple push button could be used to start the 4Duino.

https://www.adafruit.com/product/1944

Best regards

Paul

Comment

Hi Paul,
      Thank you for clarifying. It answers my question.
      Thanks,
      Asha

Comment

Working...
      X