Using gauges with uOLED-160-g2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using gauges with uOLED-160-g2

sir, someone help. i dont know where to post my dought and posted here..... sir im using arduino uno + 160 g2 goldlex + pa5 for displaying a speed gauge (digital or analog) for my vehicle project.

plz help with a code as im not pro in serial or arduino code ;

i tried to run visi gauges with arduino, but no use or help me in sharing a code wher in 160 g2 display will act like a slave for arduino host to display visi gauges....

plz

Hello,

I've moved your inquiry here since it's not very relevant to the previous thread that you've posted it on.

Regarding your inquiry, I've attached a simple project that should hopefully demonstrate a solution to your dilemma.

The project was done using an Arduino Uno with a Potentiometer hooked up on Analog pin A0.

Before uploading the '.ino' file to the Arduino, please make sure that an Image file is loaded to the uSD card as described by this application note:

Serial Arduino Displaying Images from the uSD Card RAW
    https://www.4dsystems.com.au/downloads/Application-Notes/4D-AN-00134_R_1_0.pdf

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
    Attached Files
    Michael

Comment

Sir, thanks for the reply....but i wanted to use visi widgets, for my Arduino speedometre project.... analogue gauge...how to make visi gadgets in displat as slave to Arduino....plz send me some detailed code sir, which xan be easily understandable....plz waiting....

Comment

Hello,

Did you manage to run the code?

If not, here's how you should do it.

1. Unzip the project, and open the ViSi project with Workshop4 IDE.

2. Compile the project and save the image files to the uSD card.

3. Connect the Display to the Arduino as shown on this application note.

Serial Connection to an Arduino Host
        https://www.4dsystems.com.au/appnote/4D-AN-00092/

4. Connect your sensor to the Arduino so that it outputs analog signal to pin A0.

5. Upload the '.ino' program to your arduino

If you've done it correctly, the Goldelox module should show a Coolgauge displaying the sensor value.

If that doesn't happen, could you describe what happens when you try to run the program?

plz send me some detailed code sir, which xan be easily understandable.
        Most part of the code up to the Setup function were discussed on the aforementioned application note.

The Main loop was patterned after this application note:

Serial Arduino Displaying Images from the uSD Card RAW
        https://www.4dsystems.com.au/downloa...0134_R_1_0.pdf

Display.media_SetAdd( 0x0000, 0x0000) ; was used to point to the location of cool gauge 1
        Display.media_VideoFrame(20, 0, reading) ; was used to print out the analog reading from the sensor to cool gauge 1

You could check the Goldelox Serial Command set refference manual for the full list of Serial commands applicable to the goldelox processor.

Workshop4 IDE
        https://www.4dsystems.com.au/product/4D_Workshop_4_IDE/

Most of the Serial.print(); and Serial.println(); commands were just used to print values to the serial monitor to be used for debugging. These doesn't have effect on the goldelox module.

Best regards,

Michael

Comment

SIR, sorry for the delay.... i tried ur gauge sample code... i noticed the following problem:

as u said, i used potentiometer, 160 g2 display and arduin uno:

i ran the visi programme and saved in uSD and inserted in display & it shows the gauge with pointer at fixed value 100

& i complied the arduino gauge programme too, but the problem started here .... there is no responce, even if i change the current in potentiometre , which was inserted in A0 pin,

then i checked arduino serial comm, which shows the following:

live!

point 1

point 1.5

thats it, not displaying further more points as in the code & after 3-4 seconds, arduino led blinking....(maybe due to error, as per code ...not sure)

also i have attached a picture, showing my connections.. dont confuse, i took only power from pa5, for display

sir plz help

Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Correct me if I'm wrong but it appears that you've connected your Display's Rx and Tx lines to D0 and D1 of the arduino.

I used Software Serial in the sample code, this is so that I could use D2 and D3 to communicate with the display.

This is so the Arduino can communicate with the PC and the display simultaneously.

Please try reconnecting your hardware so it looks more like this

Arduino GND pin -------------------------------------------------> Display GND pin
            Arduino 5V pin ----------------------------------------------------> Display 5V pin
            Arduino D2 pin-----------------------------------------------------> Display Tx Pin
            Arduino D3 pin ----------------------------------------------------> Display Rx Pin
            Arduino D4 pin -------------10K resistor---------------------> Display Reset Pin

Also, After compiling the ViSi project and saving the graphics files to the SD card, Please reload the SPE program and ensure that 9600 is the default baud rate as shown in the image.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture 2.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	66221
            Also ensure that the following commands have matching parameters:

Name:	Capture.PNG
Size:	14.0 KB
ID:	66222

You can check the values of iCoolgauge1H and iCoolgauge1L by right clicking on 'NoName1Const.inc' then clicking 'open file at cursor'

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
            Michael

Comment

sir, still same problem & following has been observed:

serial monitor shows :

live!
              point 1
              point 1.5

as u told, i connected d2,d3 pins to tx and rx

also, u told to check arduino and 4d programme similarity :

its as follows :
              arduino:
              Display.media_SetAdd( 0x0000, 0x0000) ;
              Display.media_VideoFrame(20, 0, reading) ;
              4d:
              media_SetAdd(iCoolgauge1H, iCoolgauge1L) ;
              media_VideoFrame(20, 0, 100) ;

both are matching but not matching with ur shared data.

also u told this :
              "You can check the values of iCoolgauge1H and iCoolgauge1L by right clicking on 'NoName1Const.inc' then
              clicking 'open file at cursor'"

but dont know how and where to do, so checked both codes manually.

also i didnt connect reset pin, as i dont have any resistor

Comment

sir, regarding 4d ide software, I observed a peculiar thing: some times and most of the times... while compiling your shared code in 4d ide, its not compiling and there is no error msg. but its clearly visible that its not asking for uSD …… but if I compile sample codes, they are OK.... plz help

Comment

Hello,

The reset pin plays a huge part in synchronizing the communication between the Arduino and the display, please find a 10K resistor and connect the reset pin as I've previously mentioned.

As for the error message, I'm assuming you're talking about what's pictured below:

Name:	SDcard.PNG
Size:	7.1 KB
ID:	66242

If so, that's because the project I sent requires the use of an SD card for the storage of the graphics files.

Best regards,
                  Michael

Comment

sir, still the same problem .... arduino cant able to detect display....serial monitor showing live, point 1 & point 1.5 ....that's it thereafter led light error blink... plz help ....i did whatever u told.

& reg, 4d ide software, while clicing on compile, that copy config to uSD window is not opening at all.. thats what i want to tell u ...not that caution msg u have mentioned above.... plz help

sir, give any working code or any video, how to do it...

Comment

Hello,

On line 32 of the Arduino program that I provided, there's a comment saying "If using jumper wires, reverse the logic states below."

Name:	reset routine.PNG
Size:	15.2 KB
ID:	66269

Have you tried modifying the reset routine so it becomes:

Code:

pinMode(4, OUTPUT);  // Set D4 on Arduino to Output (4D Arduino Adaptor V2 - Display Reset)
                        digitalWrite(4, 0);  // Reset the Display via D4
                        delay(100);
                        digitalWrite(4, 1);  // unReset the Display via D4
                      Notice that the states by which pin4 for is written to has been swapped.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
                      Michael

Comment

sir, i did that jumpers logic states reverse also....but still same problem......

finally this is how i tried:

1. i opened ur visi code in 4d ide software & compiled,downloaded in uSD card.
                        2. display blinks starting.... & after inserting uSD card, it shows gauge with pointer at 100 + half " starting " text on top left corner.
                        3. opened arduino code & checked baud rate match, some command match, reset pin logic state swap etc as u told
                        4. before compiling arduino code, done wiring as follows:
                        display : arduino
                        5v 5v
                        grd grd
                        reset d4
                        tx d2
                        rx d3
                        5. runned the programme - both before connecting the tx and rx & after tooo

then following happens in serial monitor :

live
                        point 1
                        point 1.5

specs of my setup:
                        1. 10k ohm resistor
                        2. arduino uno - 9600 set
                        3. 160 g2 goldlex - spe2 -rev-1.3, pmmc rev 2.6,comm 9600 set

also, i dont dought my arduino and display, as they are running all other serial codes like

1. big demo
                        2. serial print
                        3. goldlex visi samples

sir, plz help.....

Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

As I've mentioned previously,

Also, After compiling the ViSi project and saving the graphics files to the SD card, Please reload the SPE program and ensure that 9600 is the default baud rate as shown in the image.
                          So here's what you should be doing.

1.) Compile & upload the ViSi project.
                          2.) Reload the SPE Application as described here.
                          3.) Connect the Display to the Arduino as you previously did.
                          4.) Upload the Arduino program.
                          Note: before uploading the Arduino program please check that:
                          a.) Your wiring is correct.
                          b.) The Reset logic is swapped.
                          c.) The parameters of media_SetAdd(); and media_VideoFrame(); are the same on the Arduino and Visi programs.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
                          Michael

Comment

sir, still same problem ... as u said, i loaded SPE application after uploading visi project to display & before uploading, arduino code... but still display is not responding to arduino....

things noticed:

before, i dont used to load SPE , then just after putting uSd card.. atleast it used to show gauge
                            but now after loading SPE, default graphic scrolling text is being shown.. even after inserting uSd card...

plz help....

Comment

Hello,

That seems really odd, based on the photo you sent, you seem to have wired it correctly.

Just to be clear, The programs that I sent should've remained untouched except for the Logic change on the reset routine of the Arduino program.

The SPE splashscreen should appear however, upon uploading the arduino program, that should change into the cool gauge image.

There could be a couple of seconds of delay before that happens.

Would it be possible that the wires you used for the Rx and Tx line are having loose connections?

Is the issue persistent even after multiple power cycles of the arduino?

I've re-attached the project files that I'm using, these are the same as the first one except for the reset routine on the arduino program.
                              Attached Files
                              Michael

Comment

Working...
                              X