No announcement yet.

Using gauges with uOLED-160-g2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. sir, i procured arduino mega....plz help me in modifying the code so as to show the gps speed in display......
    2. while running existing code, that u have shared, serial 2,3 pins are not working...i tried with 10,11,12,13...which are working
    3. how to show two rpms in same display but when a button is pressed...so that display changes from one sensor to other

plz help , as my project tenure is ending.....

Comment

here is the arduino uno supported code.....but display not showing any value....as u said, it wont as i dont have two serial ports in uno
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Based on the Arduino Mega Reference Page.

Serial: 0 (RX) and 1 (TX); Serial 1: 19 (RX) and 18 (TX); Serial 2: 17 (RX) and 16 (TX); Serial 3: 15 (RX) and 14 (TX). Used to receive (RX) and transmit (TX) TTL serial data. Pins 0 and 1 are also connected to the corresponding pins of the ATmega16U2 USB-to-TTL Serial chip.
        Since the Arduino Mega has multiple hardware serial ports, you don't necessarily need the Software Serial Library, thus you can remove the "#include <SoftwareSerial.h>" line if you want.

You might also want to change "SoftwareSerial DisplaySerial (2,3)" into #define DisplaySerial Serial.

This will allow you to use Serial0 (D0 and D1) to communicate with the Display.

If you want to use Serial0 for talking with your PC (error Logging), You may also use Serial 1 (D19, D18), Serial 2 (D17, D16), or Serial 3 (D15, D14) just as long as you have your RX and TX wired correctly.

You can apply the same concept to your GPS device ("SoftwareSerial ss(RXPin, TXPin);").

Please be careful not to use the same Serial Port to talk to different devices.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Michael

Comment

sir, im trying to modify this code to display some values from tft display to your 4d systems display.....but cant able to suceed...plz help

project aim: to display team picture, gps speeds, laps, time etc

this is the link for that project: https://create.arduino.cc/projecthub...atayu&offset=0

Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

I do not have the other parts required for the project that you've linked and I cannot fully simulate this.

Please understand that there is no quick solution to this, you'll need to understand the underlying concept of how the code works in order to taylor this to your needs.

As far as I can understand, most of the syntax on printing to the LCD display on that project is closely similar to the goldelox serial library's command set.

tft.setTextSize(1) for example is very similar to txt_Width(multiplier) and txt_Height(multiplier) that we've previously discussed.

To be guided further on the goldelox Serial Command Set, I would Suggest reading the Goldelox Serial Command Refference Manual, Goldelox_Serial_4DLib.h might also help in understanding the proper syntax for the Goldelox Serial Library for the Arduino.

For the part where something gets written or read out of the uSD card, please see the attached sample project.

I really hope this helps.

Best regards,
            Attached Files
            Michael

Comment

sir, i have now arduino mega, 4d display with me know

plz share me a code that displayes any gps data ex- speed or latitude on 160g2 4d display & also in serial monitor along with your error logging

Comment

sir, Im getting an "no gps found " msg on my 160g2 display. i have done the following

1. loaded custom digital numbers from 4d visi to sd & display & loaded spi
                2. checked gps data is coming or not through tx,rx in other uno board and found to be working
                3. checked display is working or not through sample digital number code & found to be working
                4. connected display through hardware serial of arduino uno & gps through software serial

the issue is with code itself which i combined using two examles. showing no gps found, but my gps is working fine

plz help.. i have attached my code below

Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

I can't really test your code as I don't have your GPS module but looking at the code I think that millis() would already be at 5000 when it enters the loop and will stay in the while(true);

I've changed it a little to take that into account and also changed it so it will only check the GPS if there is SS activity but not sure how well it will work.

Best regards

Paul
                  Attached Files

Comment

thanks sir... the issue was solved

Comment

need some help reg this code ... I'm using 4d 160g2 instead of TFT display for my new project. I'm trying to display any or some values or text from my old code to 4d display. but failed several times, as I can't able to know from the problem arises. when error logging using serial monitor, i found till display serial begin everything working well. thereafter display call back error is occuring.

in that process, i tried to sum up working 4d code with my working old TFT display code. i made each and every TFT commands as comments & inserting 4d headers & code lines in it.

im attaching text file 1 & 2 of which 1 being - old working TFT display code & 2 being working 4d display code.

in detetail about code:
                      its reg data logging from gps to sd card & cloud plus dispalying. serial1 - display
                      serial2 - gps
                      serial3 - wifi -nodemcu-cloud

Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

Could you try the attached code to see if it prints to the screen. Its possible that the font is the cause. If it is the cause we can work around that later but it will test if everything else is ok.

Best regards

Paul
                        Attached Files

Comment

1. sir, it's working. I can see some text in the display at last. I even merged my old TFT display code to work on 4d display.so don't need anymore help reg the code. thanks a lot. but I didn't understand, why it happened. what if I call any custom text font or picture from sd card in future. is there any remedy.

2. is there any option, wherein I can parallel display data from Arduino host & save different data in 4d displays SD card slot from Arduino serial, as im using extra sd card module for my project.

Comment

waiting for your reply...

Comment

Hi

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I thought the removing the font part might be the cure and I will have a go and give you an example of font use on your display via serial after I have tested it, hopefully it will just merge into your code nicely.

I will have a look into the saving of data to the SD card. I haven't done this myself but I am sure it is possible. I will do an example for this also, please bear with me a short while

Best regards

Paul

Comment

ok ..thank you sir...awaiting...

Comment

Working...
                                X