• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• frsantiago
    replied
    Hi,

Good Day to you.

Here is the answer to your above inquiry.
    1. We recommend that if you are using jumper connecting wires, "connect the RESET pin of the display module to the D4 pin of the Arduino with a 1kohm series resistor in between" which is written on application note that provided above. Also, a delay of 5000 after reset is needed for the display to initialize.
    2. Be careful on touching the LCD flex cable where there are components that are connected to this line.
    3. You can check the image below for reference or read the uOLED-160-G2 Datasheet on Downloads of the product page for more information.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	uOLED-160G2.PNG
Views:	65
Size:	254.4 KB
ID:	70748

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Leave a comment:

• ch varma
    replied
    sir, thanks..the above issue got solved. but with few more doughts

1. im using 4d display from many days without reset code line. i found some symptoms that the image gets hanged and sometimes won't display when I send a command through Arduino. is it mandatory to use display reset code line & the 10k resistor you suggested to add for reset pin?. and also the delay of 5000?

2. reg. hardware problem.. some of my display pixel lines are not working. is their any solution

3. what is the use of bottom 5 pins out of 10 pins provided on my display. can i use them to connect one more display or to arduino

Leave a comment:

• frsantiago
    replied
    Hi,

Please try the attached code. I added a reset pin which I set to pin 4 of Arduino to reset the display every time the program starts.
    Code:
    #define RESETLINE     4

void setup()
    {
      pinMode(RESETLINE, OUTPUT);       // Display reset pin
      digitalWrite(RESETLINE, 1);       // Reset Display, using shield
      delay(100);                       // wait for it to be recognised
      digitalWrite(RESETLINE, 0);       // Release Display Reset, using shield
      delay(3000) ;                     // give display time to startup
    Also added the line below.
    Code:
      Display.TimeLimit4D = 5000 ;      // 5 second timeout on all commands
    To set the time how long the host will wait for replies coming from the display. Please check this application note Serial Connection to an Arduino Host for reference.

On main Loop set the address of the image on your uSD card and image to show.
    Code:
      Display.media_SetAdd( 0x0000,  0x0000) ;
      //Display.media_SetAdd(iImage1H, iImage1L) ;
      Display.media_Image(0, 0);
    Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
    Ferdinand

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• ch varma
    replied
    sir, i followed the above two application notes to display an image in 160 g2 using arduino host, but failed. found that display media not getting initialized. help me provide any code.

story:

specs of display: 160 g2

problem statement: to show given an image in the display , through Arduino as a host

process followed:

connected display and followed above two applications you shared sir.

1. pasted code in visi after selecting the image.
    2. saved the below lines to entre in arduino code.
    media_SetAdd(iImage1H, iImage1L) ; // point to the Image1 image
    media_Image(2, 2) ;
    3. compiled and downloaded.
    4. loaded spi.

both sd card and display working till this step

4. next in arduino ide, edited arduino code to call media file using above iimage1h or 0x0000
    5. after opening serial monitor, i found diplay media not initialized. showing error msg trapped.

i checked everything for error

wiring, spi load and not load condition, sd card format, image file type, image1l changed to 0x0000 and many, but no use.

i disabled error function and reset in arduino code intentionally, ill it affect any.

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• frsantiago
    replied
    Hi,

Good Day.

You can check this application notes for reference.

ViSi Displaying Images from the uSD Card – WYSIWYG RAW

Serial Arduino Displaying Images from the uSD Card RAW

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Ferdinand

Leave a comment:

• pauleilio
    replied
    Hi,

Sorry for the delay,

I will look into this today and send you an example of how this can be done.

Best regards

Paul

Leave a comment:

• ch varma
    replied
    sir, pl someone respond

Leave a comment:

• ch varma
    replied
    Sir, one more help. could you plz provide me any sample code and application note (both) using which i can display any images or videos in 160g2 display stored in sd card via visi, calling any image using simple commands from Arduino code,

Leave a comment:

• ch varma
    replied
    sir, sorry for the delay response. as your asking me to share the code.

the following code is edited by you the only sir previously when i asked you that loading custom fonts from sd card won't display anything. at that time you disabled sd card fonts and told me to check. it worked. but i don't understand why it worked. I even have gone through the app note of loading custom font from sd card, but I didn't trigger any clew.

plz help what happened and provide me any sample code by which i can call custom fonts or any images from sd card

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• pauleilio
    replied
    Hi,

Sorry for the delay, I have been travelling recentlty.

Have you had a chance to look at the Application note for displaying third party fonts.

https://4dsystems.com.au/blog/4d-an-00084/

I will examine your last Arduino code to see if I can find the error in that code but if you manage to get the example in the appnote working we should be able to get the same result in your code.

Do you have a more recent version that you would like me to look at ?

Best regards

Paul

Leave a comment:

• ch varma
    replied
    SIR, Could you plz tell me that old problem... why removing a custom font in the code worked!!. cant i call any font or pictures from sd card in that code!! as i need to now!!

Leave a comment:

• ch varma
    replied
    ok ..thank you sir...awaiting...

Leave a comment:

• pauleilio
    replied
    Hi

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I thought the removing the font part might be the cure and I will have a go and give you an example of font use on your display via serial after I have tested it, hopefully it will just merge into your code nicely.

I will have a look into the saving of data to the SD card. I haven't done this myself but I am sure it is possible. I will do an example for this also, please bear with me a short while

Best regards

Paul

Leave a comment:

• ch varma
    replied
    waiting for your reply...

Leave a comment:

• ch varma
    replied
    1. sir, it's working. I can see some text in the display at last. I even merged my old TFT display code to work on 4d display.so don't need anymore help reg the code. thanks a lot. but I didn't understand, why it happened. what if I call any custom text font or picture from sd card in future. is there any remedy.

2. is there any option, wherein I can parallel display data from Arduino host & save different data in 4d displays SD card slot from Arduino serial, as im using extra sd card module for my project.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X