sys_sleep() problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sys_sleep() problems

Hello, currently i'm trying to make a 'standby' function, where my screen (gen4-uLCD-43DCT-CLB) will turn off after not detecting any touch input for X seconds.

For this i've tried using disp_Disconnect(), but that doesn't turn the screen off for less power draw in the way i would have liked, so i tried sys_Sleep(units), mainly because of the description in the processors Internal Functions Reference
    If "units" is 1 to 65535, the display will sleep for that period of time, or will be woken when touch screen is touched.
    But the display doesn't wake up after having been touched, am i missing something?

Another question, what exactly is the difference between sys_Sleep() and sys_DeepSleep()?, their descriptions in the reference document are more or less the same.

Hi, welcome to the forum.

You can implement it as shown in the code below. Please read the comments to be guided.

Sample Code
    Code:
    var sleepTime := 5000;     // time in milliseconds for the display to sleep if there is no touch event

func main()

putstr("Mounting...\n");
        if (!(file_Mount()))
            while(!(file_Mount()))
                putstr("Drive not mounted...");
                pause(200);
                gfx_Cls();
                pause(200);
            wend
        endif
        gfx_Cls();
        gfx_Set(SCREEN_MODE,LANDSCAPE) ;
        touch_Set(TOUCH_ENABLE);

print("Display module running ...");
        sys_SetTimerEvent(TIMER0, sleep); // calls "sleep" func when TIMER0 goes to 0
        sys_SetTimer(TIMER0,sleepTime);   // starts countdown in TIMER0 starting from the setTime value

repeat
             processTouch();
             //your code
        forever
    endfunc

// Timer Event handler
    func sleep()
         sys_Sleep(65535);          // sleeps in 65535 secs if not touched
    endfunc

//Touch Event handler
    func processTouch()
        var touchState;
        var im;

touchState := touch_Get(TOUCH_STATUS);
        im := img_Touched(hndl, -1);

if(touchState)  sys_SetTimer(TIMER0,sleepTime);   // if there is touch event, reset the timer

endfunc
    Hope this will help and Best regards.

Vince_4D

Comment

Working...
    X