Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• screen orientation

Hello!

I have a little problem with screen orientation where I would like to ask some help.

I use LANDSCAPE orientation and 5 different FORM. One FORM from the five works really different. When I run the serial terminal I see that the x and y coordinates does not what it would be.

For example if I touch somewhere on the landscaped display's up-right corner then the coordinates which appear on the terminal will be left-down corner. It seems that the display switch to portrait somehow.
    In the beginning of the code there is the

Display.gfx_ScreenMode(LANDSCAPE) ;

and this is the only one.

The other four FORM working OK just only the fifth FORM works differently however the displayed widgets and texts has showing the landscaped orientation.

Peter

Hello Peter,

Welcome back to the forum!

I can't replicate your concern but it would be great if you can send me your project, to check and help you.

Please open your application in Workshop4, go to File, Zip Project and send the ZIP either on the forum or to my email.
    If you do not wish to post it on the forum, please send it to my email: kayven at 4dsystems dot com dot au

Best regards,
    Kayven

Comment

Hello Kayven,

THX for your help. I attached the requested file. Generally I have a lot of problems with touch all over the code. I have put a serial command to listen the touch x-y coordinates in the LOOP and what I see is the x-y data from the panel is not the same with touching area.

Peter
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello Kayven,

I think I have found the reason. In my opinion that the screen has a faulty. I tried my theory with a very simple code to detect only the touch on the screen. What I see is that there is a small stripe ont the left side of the screen where the x coordinate comes back with wrong numbers. I have saw this on the serial terminal and I have found that it has be on portrait and landscape orientation as well.

What can I do? Is this warranty faulty or not?

Peter

Comment

Hi Peter,

Thank you for sharing your project.

As of now, I still checking if there's wrong in your code you sent and I'll contact you as soon as possible.

If that the case, have you tried the touch test? refer to section 11.6 of the 4Duino-24 Datasheet, this section describes how to access the Picaso directly.

After that, open the WS4, navigate:
          File >> Samples >> Picaso Designer >> PICASO - Touch screen >> TOUCHTESTDRAW.4DG and just make sure no other devices are connected to the 4Duino.

And then, observe if there's an unwanted behaviour.

If there's anything, try to use the Touch Calibration under Tools menu.

Best regards,
          Kayven

Comment

Hi Kayven,

I have reprogrammed the Picasso's firmware with successful. I have run the above mentioned sample code and the display works nice. I did not find any problems with the display.
            Now I have a different problem. :-) After reprogramming the Picasso the display shows only the following text:

uLCD-24PTU_GFX2
            v4.4

and after a few seconds this text gone and dark display remain.
            The originally splash screen gone as well. I tried to reset but nothing change.

About the code I have modified because there are some problems with the code what I solved in the meanwhile.

Peter

Comment

Hi Peter.

Basically, the text was shown after you load the firmware(PmmC).

So, you'll need to load the 4Duino's SPE environment after.

Please opening WS4, navigate:
              New >> 4Duino (Arduino Compatible) >> Next >> Basic Graphics.

Then, proceed to the Tools Menu >> SPE Load.

If done, disconnect the cable on the Picaso program header.

Next, connect via USB and then, upload your 4Duino code.

Please, let me know if it works.

Best regards,
              Kayven

Comment

Hi Kayven,

It is absolutely worked. You are saved the country. :-)

Thanks a lot.
                Peter

Comment

You're welcome! willing to help you Peter.

We're glad to know that we have helped you.
                  Wish more success to your project.

If you have technical concerns, please don't hesitate to ask here.

Have a nice day!

Best regards,
                  Kayven

Comment

Ooops… It is not working.

The phenomenon is the same. The down-right corner has a "built in special effect".
                    There are two google drive links for my back-store. i made videos from the phenomenon.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14dV...ew?usp=sharing
                    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FTr...ew?usp=sharing

However the calibration working well this annoying thing does not want to disappear.

What can we do?

Peter

Comment

Hi Peter,

Thanks to the videos you sent.

Based on your code provided in post #3, I noticed that there was a minor issue in moving to another form by pressing/releasing.

So, to help you, if you have time, you can try the demo project I'm attached to, showing how to switch to another form using touch routines.
                      You can also include / adapt it to your project.

If you have questions, please feel free to ask here.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,
                      Kayven
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by kayven@4d; 20th December 2018, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Hi Kayven,

First of all thank you very much for your effort in my case. I am very thankful for you.

As I see I must to implement a very different touch-call handling. It is a little bit hard to understanding and it takes much more time then I expected but I think I can understand and I can adapt into my project.

I will get back to you when I have the result of this project.

I would like to wish you Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

THX for all!

Peter

Comment

Hi Peter,

We'd love to continue providing solutions to awesome customers like you.

Thank you! Merry Christmas and a Prosperous Happy New Year to you.

Warm regards,
                          Kayven

Comment

Hi Kayven,

I would like to wish you and your colleagues a Happy and Prosperous New Year!

Thank you very much for your help. I have changed the code and now it is working fine.

Now I would like to create a routine to handle the SD card reading and writing. I have found info in this topic "VISI SD card reading and writing". Is there any other help or only this one?

Peter

Comment

Hi Peter,

Thank you!

I have attached a demo project that is based on the application note can be found here: Serial Arduino uSD Card Access FAT16.

The 4Duino environments are essentially similar to Serial Environment.

You can consult the Serial environment application note as further reference.

Best regards,
                              Kayven
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X