Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project not diplayed after successful upload

Hello,

I designed a project for my uLCD32PTU with visi genie but the screen turns black after uploading. Can you tell me what's the problem?

I double checked with another project-design, which worked well with the display, so I would say the Hardware is not damaged.

Regards
    Joshi
    Attached Files

Hello,

We've tested your sample program on our end and it seemed to work fine.

Would it be possible that your uSD card is not compatible with our display?

Please be informed that not all uSD card supports SPI, you could read more about that here.

Would it be possible to send a video of the scenario?

Best regards,
    Michael

Comment

Hello Michael,

I have only used this SD-card so far and it was working exept for this project.

I made two videos (one is the current project, the other is the predecessor version) Sorry for the blurred video, I hope you can identify

voltmeter_final_h264 is the project which doesn't work. It stays black after mounting.
      voltmeter_v1_h264 is the older version, which works.

Designwise the two versions are the same, I did redraw it to get progressive indexes to make the programming-code more clear

Best regards
      Joshi

Attached Files

Comment

Hello Michael,

I solved it in erasing all data from the SD-card and then upload again. Probably there were files from the old project which corrupted the new ones (because both started with voltmeter?)

Best regards
        Joshi

Comment

Hello Michael,

sorry for spamming you but I ran into problems again:

Arduino codewise I started with one channel of the voltmeter until it fully worked. then I added the second channel and it was working nice too. Now, that I finished the code for my arduino mega for all 4 channels (copy/paste and change the variables), the display takes about 10 seconds to react (even for simple things like 4 analog reads).

I had a similar behavior in the past which came from serial.println() in the mainloop, so I deleted them but it is still slow.

Do you have an idea what else I can try?

Best regards
          Joshi

Attached Files

Comment

Hello Joshi,

On first look, I see that your using Ifs repeatedly.

It might be helpful to nest your Ifs more efficiently similar to this pseudo code:

Code:
            If (Command == report event){

If(Object == Slider){

If (Object index == 1){
                       Do Slider 1 stuff
                    }

else if (Object index == 2){
            `        Do Slider 2 stuff
                    }

}

else if (Object == Button){

If (Object index == 1){
                        Do button1 stuff
                      }

else if (Object index == 2){
            `           Do button2 stuff
                       }

}

}
            Using multiple Ifs Causes the Arduino to reevaluate the same condition multiple times where as if you would use an Else if or switch case, it will evluate the conditions sequentially (I.E. It will only go to the next condition if the current condition is not satisfied)

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
            Last edited by michael_4D; 14th December 2018, 06:04 PM.
            Michael

Comment

Hello Michael,

thanks for this tip I will change the code accordingly and check it.

In the meantime I transfered the workshop-project to an uLCD-70DT-AR and it seems there is no speed problem. Is it possible, that the hardware of the uLCD32-PTU is to weak for my project?

Best regards
              Joshi

Comment

Hello Joshi,

That seems really odd.

Were you using an alternate power supply for the uLCD-70DT?

Are you sure you haven't changed anything else on the code when you changed display?

Best regards,
                Michael

Comment

Hello Michael,

yes I just transferred the project to the bigger display without changes. For the 7" display I used an external Power supply on the arduino, not on the display itself.
                  Anyways I think I will use the bigger display Next time I can find some time I will test if the external power supply on the arduino boosts the speed on the small display as well, I will let you know.

Best regards
                  Joshi

Comment

Working...
                  X