Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4D Systems 4DPi-24-HAT video playback problem (Night Vision Camera)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kayven@4d
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you NVision for taking the time to post your solution!
    Best regards,

• NVision
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you for your reply.

During searching the solution I found this article ( https://bit.ly/2R7ugLT ) that might had simillar issue and has solution using PyGame library.

Soon I will try solve this problem using article I found and with post you suggested.

I will report here on any updates.

• kayven@4d
    replied
    Hi,

Welcome to the forum!

Thank you for providing a video and information to us.

If you do not read this post here, it's like your concern.
    For the meantime, I will try to find out what we can do regarding your concern and I will contact you as soon as possible.

Best regards,
    Kayven
    Last edited by [email protected]; 19th December 2018, 10:35 AM.

Leave a comment:

• 4D Systems 4DPi-24-HAT video playback problem (Night Vision Camera)

Hi,

I am working on project which should be like night vision camera. I bought RPi3, camera without IR filter and "4D Systems 4DPi-24-HAT".

I installed latest Raspbian (Linux NightVision 4.14.34-v7+ #2 SMP Mon Apr 30 06:11:00 UTC 2018 armv7l GNU/Linux), connected camera via RPi Camera port and ran "raspivid -o - -t 0 -w 320 -h 200 | cvlc stream:///dev/stdin emux=h264". With monitor connected via HDMI everything works.

After this test I plugged and installed "4D Systems 4DPi-24-HAT" using official instructions. Display is working well.

Problems started when I tried run previous command, for capturing and displaying video from camera, on new installed display. It did not work. If I try create stream server via "cvlc" it is working and with VLC on other computer I can watch the stream. But on "4D Systems 4DPi-24-HAT" video did not show. My primary goal is display video stream on "4D Systems 4DPi-24-HAT".

When I was trying check what is going on, I downloaded video and I tried run it with VLC, video was blinking. ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mXlLyurcV0 ) I tried OMXPlayer for same video file and it did not show video. YouTube videos via web browser are working. When I switch back on monitor over HDMI everything works.

Has anybody any clue, where is the problem?

Thanks.
Working...
X