• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danica
    replied
    Dear infibit,

Glad it worked for you.
    We're happy to help.
    Should you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us anytime.

Best Regards,

Leave a comment:

• infibit
    replied
    Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• Danica
    replied
    Dear infibit,

You're welcome.
    To create animations or include animated gifs in your project, kindly refer to the application note below.
    ViSi Images and User Images

Best Regards,

Leave a comment:

• infibit
    replied
    Thank you very much for the sample project. Also could you tell me how to create animations or put animated gifs in the 24PTU display board?

Leave a comment:

• Danica
    replied
    Hello,

I have attached a sample project (Test.zip) below.

This project includes buttons that when touched, toggles the PA4 (or GPIO10) and vice versa.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• infibit
    replied
    Ok now I understand. 4Duino is a completely different display product.

What I want to basically do is create an animated button or part of the animation should be a button. Then when I click the button it should toggle a GPIO pin on the 24PTU board. Thats it. Occasionally make the 24PTU LCD board go into sleep state.

Another point, if you have the same 24PTU with an OLED screen then it would have been really great.

The 24PTU LCD is plugged into the laptop via a 4D programming cable.

Leave a comment:

• James_4DSystems
    replied
    Hello infibit

As Michael has stated above, it seems that you are trying to load the wrong things.
    The 24PTU runs 4DGL code, from Designer, Visi, ViSi-Genie or Serial SPE, loaded from Workshop4.
    The 4Duino code is designed for the 4Duino, which targets an Atmel processor, not a 4D Systems processor. The 24PTU has a Picaso Processor only.
    The 4Duino has a Picaso processor on board, configured as Serial SPE, however the programming of the 4Duino targets the Atmel processor, and the Atmel sends serial commands to the Picaso processor. You can program the 4Duino from Workshop4 as it is writing Arduino style code to the Atmel. You cannot program this same code to the 24PTU as it is not the same processor.

So if you are trying to write Arduino code to the 24PTU, then it will never work, that is not a compatible processor.
    If you have loaded the 24PTU with Serial SPE, then you program your Arduino which will then talk to the 24PTU over the serial UART.
    You cannot program Arduino code into the 24PTU directly.
    If this is not what you are doing, then please explain clearly what is plugged into what, and what you are trying to program and from where, and someone will assist you further.

You talk about Sample codes from Workshop4, but what sample code are you using?
    What is plugged into your computer, your Arduino or your 24PTU?

Please be very clear when explaining what you are doing, as we cannot see your setup.

Regards

Leave a comment:

• infibit
    replied
    I am trying to run the sample codes form the 4D Workshop IDE but I am still getting error. What I want to basically do is create an animated button or part of the animation should be a button. Then when I click the button it should toggle a GPIO pin on the 24PTU board. Thats it. The 4Duino sample codes compile fine in the 4D workshop IDE but except the hello world no other programs get uploaded to the display board. Is it that these codes need an arduino board attached with the display?

Leave a comment:

• michael_4D
    replied
    Hello,

May I ask what you want to achieve with your display?

As I've said on our private conversation, the Serial environment configures the 4D Display as a serial slave.

This means that the display will be taking commands from a host microcontroller.

I believe you're getting those errors from loading a 4Duino sample code right?

To put it simply, that program is not meant for a uLCD-24PTU.

The uLCD-24PTU cannot be programmed directly from the Arduino IDE.

You might want to check out Application notes or sample programs for the ViSi or Designer environments instead.

Best regards,

Leave a comment:

• infibit
    replied
    I have selected the correct board from the drop down menu but I am getting the same errors (given below are the errors in detail, even when programming from the arduino ide I get the same errors)

Uploading...
    Completed RC=259

avrdude: butterfly_recv(): programmer is not responding
    avrdude: ser_drain(): read error: The device does not recognize the command.

Found programmer: Id = "["; type = ΒΈ
    Software Version = h. Hardware Version = u.M
    avrdude: error: buffered memory access not supported. Maybe it isn't
    a butterfly/AVR109 but a AVR910 device?
    avrdude: initialization failed, rc=-1
    Double check connections and try again, or use -F to override
    this check.

avrdude: error: programmer did not respond to command: leave prog mode
    avrdude: error: programmer did not respond to command: exit bootloader
    avrdude: error: programmer did not respond to command: exit bootloader

Last edited by infibit; 19th December 2018, 02:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Danica
    replied
    Hello,

%%Display%%.IncludeSerial_4DLib ; // *Replaced* at compile time with an Include the Serial Library relevant to the display
    %%Display%%.IncludeSerial_Const4D ;
    The code you have mentioned above were all used in an Arduino Compatible display modules.

Considering that you are using uLCD-24PTU, you may only use the Workshop 4 environments: ViSi, ViSi Genie, Designer, or Serial.

To be able to load these environments properly, upon opening Workshop4 IDE, click NEW, choose Picaso in the drop-down menu, then your current display module.

A mismatch between the display module in use and the Workshop4 IDE causes the failure in uploading your program.

I hope the above helps.

And if you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us anytime.

Best Regards,

Leave a comment:

• infibit
    replied
    Could someone tell me why the upload is failing? How shall I overcome this error?

Leave a comment:

• infibit
    started a topic Unable to program the 24PTU ?

Unable to program the 24PTU ?

I bought the 24PTU and now the programming cable. I am able to program the hello world program and upload it but any other sample code with serial library does not get uploaded. All the programs compile well but anything with
    %%Display%%.IncludeSerial_4DLib ; // *Replaced* at compile time with an Include the Serial Library relevant to the display
    %%Display%%.IncludeSerial_Const4D ;

does not get uploaded. I get the error saying "Arduino ide does not appear to be responding check comms ports". I tried to upload the code with arduino ide and even then I am unable to upload the code. I am able to run the touch calibration and it works well but not able to upload any code to the 24PTU display except hello world. Please let me know what to do?

My arduino IDE is 1.8.5 and the 4D PTU is for arduino 1.8.1, is this mismatch creating the problem?
    Last edited by infibit; 19th December 2018, 02:30 AM.
Working...
X