Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visi Fonts on Goldelox uoled-128G2

Hi All,

I am wanting to know if I can select a different font for a FORM text design (which is default "Tahoma") from the properties FONT list line to a different font, and have it compile and display on the module?

IF not can you point me to an App Note to show the process.

Thanks

Good day!

Fortunately, yes.

You can easily achieve it through,
    simply uncomment the code snippet within the main function then, choose the style of your string object's font.
    Also, it will require an SD card.

Please refer to this app-note can be found here: Serial Goldelox Displaying Third Party Fonts.
    It appears as a Serial environment but you can learn how to customize fonts in ViSi.

Happy holidays!

Best regards,
    Kayven
    Last edited by [email protected]; 21st December 2018, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Thanks, I'm not following those instructions at all.

"You can easily achieve it through,
      simply uncomment the code snippet within the main function then, choose the style of your string object's font.
      Also, it will require an SD card."

Uncomment where....don't see anything to uncomment.

It seems like a lot of extra work mess when you could just select it on the properties FONT line.

Also, The app says to FAT format the SD card. I thought it said to use Visi forms you didn't want to FAT format the card
      Warning: The ViSi application writes the graphics files in to the μSD card in RAW format for GOLDELOX display modules. In other words, the FAT formatting will be removed. Please make sure you backup any important files/data you have on the μSD card.

Do I now always need to put text out as a string to get the new font or can I continue to use TEXT in a form?

Do I need to do that string pointer app procedure for every string?

Demo, Slave device, serial protocol??? I am just running a standalone uOLED-128G2 display running from Goldelox.....very confusing here!

???
      Last edited by Rob A; 22nd December 2018, 12:54 AM.

Comment

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Remember, that font data is on the SD card and generated after compilation.
        And Yes, you can continue to use TEXT to another form that is applied to the demo project that I've attached.

For your reference, If you have time, please try the demo project. This demonstrates how to displays StaticText.

For strings, after adding the String object, you can launch the String Editor by clicking the ellipsis symbol to edit and click paste the code as shown below:

Click image for larger version  Name:	2018-12-22_143609.JPG Views:	1 Size:	36.7 KB ID:	66462

If you have a question, please don't hesitate to ask here.

Best regards,
        Kayven
        Last edited by [email protected]; 22nd December 2018, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Thanks, But getting nowhere fast.

What about this question:

Also, The app says to FAT format the SD card. I thought it said to use Visi forms you didn't want to FAT format the card
          Warning: The ViSi application writes the graphics files in to the μSD card in RAW format for GOLDELOX display modules. In other words, the FAT formatting will be removed. Please make sure you backup any important files/data you have on the μSD card.

The demo is even more confusing. What font data is the app talking about loading? The PC font and which file or files? TTF?

The information does not provide adequate explanation and assumes all users are professional coders.

Comment

Hello

I have attached a simple PDF that may help. The Font can be chosen from your PC's Fonts

I hope this helps

Best regards

Paul
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X