Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complex Sound Generator Programming?

Hi,

Update: Found some information in the Internal Function document and the RTTTL sample code.

I have searched but have not been able to locate any information on programming complex sounds, tones etc. from IO2 of the Goldelox uOLED128-G2 display module.

Would you kindly point me to the document and or information.

Thanks
    Last edited by Rob A; 2nd January 2019, 08:15 AM.

Hi All,

Need some help trying to find information on the "Complex Sound Generator" for the Goldelox Chip?

I see there is a very simple RTTTL tone generator but I was thinking if there is a method to use .wav files and such.

Can a .wav file be used in the uOLED128-G2 display?

I don't see anything in Visi either.

I don't want to use the SOMO-14D module due to space and added expense for value.

Thanks
    Last edited by Rob A; 4th January 2019, 12:12 AM.

Comment

Hi All,

Need some help trying to find information on the "Complex Sound Generator" for the Goldelox Chip?

I see there is a very simple RTTTL tone generator but I was thinking if there is a method to use .wav files and such.

Can a .wav file be used in the uOLED128-G2 display?

I don't see anything in Visi either.

I don't want to use the SOMO-14D module due to space and added expense for value.

Thanks

Comment

Hello Rob,

Sorry for the delayed response, I'm not sure if it's possible to play a '.wav' file in a goldelox display.

Perhaps you could try to "convert" your audio file to RTTTL as described on this forum thread (the source file for this was '.aiff' but I think it's still relevant).

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
        Michael

Comment

Hi Michael,

Thanks. Unfortunately the conversion from .wav to RTTTL is not useful as the complex .wav file sound does not translate properly to simple tones. So the answer to my question "Can a .wav file be used in the uOLED128-G2 display?" is sorry No. I will have to stick with the basic RTTTL ringtone melodies and move on.

Regards and Happy New Year
          Last edited by Rob A; 5th January 2019, 12:25 AM.

Comment

Not sure how complex you mean, but for very complex sounds you could send commands to a SOMO-II module
            Mark

Comment

Working...
            X