Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drawing to SRAM?

Hi,
    I'm trying to come up with solutions to the flicker issue I've been trying to work around on my gen4-uLCD-28D. I understand the display isn't double-buffered, but is it possible to use the drawing functions with the destination being a block of user SRAM? That way I could redraw a subset of the display in SRAM and transfer to GRAM so the intermediate steps don't get displayed (causing the apparent flicker). The 32k of available SRAM would be more than enough for my application if this is possible.

Cheers,
    Martijn

Hi Martjin, welcome to the forum!
    use the drawing functions with the destination being a block of user SRAM
    The mentioned method was not yet tested and is not recommended because running out SRAM will cause unwanted responses.

I would suggest that you use the gfx_ClipWindow(..) function. This will allow you to update specific region of the screen and this might somehow solve your problem.

Best regards,
    Vince_4D

Comment

Hi Vince,
      Actually, I'm already making use of gfx_ClipWindow() to draw sections at a time and reduce time between drawing operations. This has helped but the glitching is still noticeable. Is it possible to try the method of drawing to SRAM even if it is not officially supported?

Cheers,
      Martijn

Comment

Hi,

If by saying "drawing functions" means an internal function (ex. gfx functions), it's not possible. But if you use a user-defined function that sets the image data to SRAM, theoretically its possible but you will also need to consider the memories used by other data to avoid unwanted response.

Best regards,
        Vince_4D

Comment

Working...
        X