Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I damaged the Goldelox chip

Okay, my bad!

I did a dumb thing and accidentally input 9 volts into pin 6 (IO1) A/D thru a parallel capacitor attempting to produce enough A/D Vbatt voltage variation to create a better SEED number for the RNG. OOPS!

Can I purchase a new Goldelox processor from Digikey here in the U.S. and repair the uOLED-128-G2 display module or does the Goldelox have a boot loader that I cannot just replace the chip?

What are my options? I really don't want to purchase another $55 USD module for a toy project. The Goldelox is $10 + shipping from Digikey.

Thank you
    Last edited by Rob A; 13th January 2019, 07:52 AM.

Hello Rob,

You could buy a new goldelox chip to repair your module.

However, please note that removing/reattaching it to your module may not be an easy task if you don't have the right tools.

It is also possible that damaging the goldelox chip might've caused damage to other components on the board.

If ever you get past these obstacles, you'll need to reload the PmmC of your module as stated here.

If your using the Serial Environment you'll also need to reload the SPE application.

There's a huge amount of uncertainty involved if you try to repair the module on your own, it might be better/cheaper to just buy a new module altogether.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
    Michael

Comment

Thanks but I have it running again. It seems the loading of code was corrupted causing the erratic behavior.

Comment

Gald you got it working again!
        Michael

Comment

Working...
        X