New with questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New with questions

I am pretty new to the Visi-Genie and have a couple of questions. I am controlling a 4D Controller 7” Diablo16 Intelligent Display with an Arduino. I have many forms to do what I need but I need a few buttons on most of the forms. Is it possible to have a header or footer that does not change when the forms change? Also, Can I make a button on a form with the same name so my event handler does the same thing without duplicating my code? I need to have a button that turns on a LED on many screens and I would like to name it 4Dbutton0 every time it gets used. Thank you in advance.

Hello,

Welcome to the forum!
    In Visi-Genie you cannot duplicate the same button to another form. It is because Visi-Genie form only shows the widget present on that particular form.
    One thing that you can do is put buttons and then call on the same function on to buttons that you want to have the same functionality. This is the easiest way that you can do it without duplicating your code in Visi-Genie.

Other option if you want to use Visi-Genie is to use Magic or you can opt to Visi where you can easily use same button to different forms as well as call on similar widget to different form. This same principle is applicable with header and footer as well, you just need to copy it to all the forms that you want to have it shown.

Hope it'll get you started with your project.

Best regards,
    Bern

Comment

Thank you for the quick reply. Can I take all the parameters for a button and copy and paste them? I did not see that functionality.

Comment

Hello,

If you want to take all the parameters for a button and copy and paste them to another form in ViSi Genie Environment, you just need to do the usual copy and paste, Ctrl A then Cntrl C and to the next form just Cntrl V to paste.

Same would apply with Visi Environment.
        Hope it helps.

Best regards,
        Bern

Comment

Working...
        X