Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• icon with personalised image blinking

Hello All,
    I'm a newbie on 4D System environment but with passion !
    So i have a project built with an Arduino Mega and a gen4-uLCD-35DCT-CLB , so i need to create some icons with personalized images and driven from Arduino.
    in More details, i just want displayed icons from arduino to the 4D display and have the possibility to hide it (like a blink object...).
    I don't (want) to use the touch part ! just the display part...
    I don't have the way to solve my request with Visigenie that i use now, so someone can helpme ?
    Do i need WorkShop4IDE "PRO" version ?
    Thanks so much guys for your return.
    Chris,
    Regards,
    Chris

Hello Chris,

Welcome to the Forum!

Have you had a chance to read this application note?

ViSi-Genie Writing to Genie Objects Using an Arduino Host
    https://www.4dsystems.com.au/appnote/4D-AN-00018/

This application note demonstrates how you can write to genie objects using the Arduino.

I've attached a sample project that's hopefully similar to what you want to achieve.

In this program, I used two forms; one containing the logo that I want to display and another which is blank.

What I'm basically doing is alternately showing the two forms.

Please note that software serial was used in this project, certain adjustments on the hardware connections should be made to make this work properly.

This application note should guide you on how to properly wire the hardware connections.

ViSi-Genie Connecting a 4D Display to an Arduino Host
    https://www.4dsystems.com.au/appnote/4D-AN-00017/

If you have further inquiries on using our modules, you may consult our application notes section:

Application Notes
    https://www.4dsystems.com.au/appnotes

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
    Attached Files
    Michael

Comment

Hello Michael,

Thanks so much for your answer and explanations, but however the attached file seems to be corrupted and i can't open it or download it.
      Best regards,

Chris,
      Regards,
      Chris

Comment

Hello Chris,

Just checked it on my end, it seem to be complete.

Kindly ensure that you're logged in when you're trying to download the file.

As stated on the homepage of the forum.
        You can only download attachments in posts when you are logged in.
        Best regards,
        Michael

Comment

Hello Michael,

So i have a pb with my project but concerning Workshop 4D Application.
          All details with attachment doc.
          Thanks for your answer.
          Best Regards,

Chris,
          Attached Files
          Regards,
          Chris

Comment

Hi Chris,

The "Arduino Compatible" is used to program the Arduino directly using Workshop4 IDE.
            If you want to proceed with this programming environment you need to set the display module as a slave device. It can be done by loading the SPE program on the device.

If you are not familiar with it, please take a look at this application note: AN-00110 Serial Diablo16 Getting Started - The SPE Application

After that, you can now program your Arduino directly using Workshop4.
            On Comms Tab select the COM port of the Arduino Device. Click To Comp'nLoad Button to upload the program on Arduino
            (Note: Programming is just like ViSi, you need to manually add the widget by clicking the paste code ).
            To reload your graphics file, just click on the WYSIWYG pane or simply press SHIFT+F9. It will prompt you to copy the graphics file on the memory card.
            You should be able to see your graphics file loaded on the display.

Alternatively, you can also program the display on ViSi-Genie Environment and use the Arduino IDE to communicate with the display through ViSi-Genie-Library.
            If you want to download your project on uSD card, create a program on ViSi-Genie and select the program destination to uSD card.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.PNG
Views:	100
Size:	13.8 KB
ID:	69460

Insert the uSD card on a card reader and plug it on a computer. Then click the 'Build Copy/Load' button (or just press F9). Select the drive destination and click ok to copy the files.

On Tools Tab, click the "Update Bank(s) and Run".

Click image for larger version

Name:	2.png
Views:	27
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	69461

By selecting this button, the display is loaded with a program which locates the file 'RunBank1.exe' (previously copied on uSD card).
            Check the examples on ViSi-Genie Library, you can use that as a reference to control the widget present on the display.
            Also, please check the hardware configuration on both devices (COM port, Baud rate).

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,
            Kevin

Comment

Hello Kevin,

Thanks so much for your quick answer ! Really appreciate !
              But... i don't want/used the serial protocol with SPE as you explained, but Visigenie with Graphics Extended Mode.
              I want conserved the classic arduino librairie to control the display and NOT used in slave mode (control with serial command )
              I join a screenshot that indicate the way i use to choose the building.
              Thanks again
              Regards,

Chris
              Attached Files
              Regards,
              Chris

Comment

Hi Chris,

But... i don't want/used the serial protocol with SPE as you explained, but Visigenie with Graphics Extended Mode.
                If you will take a look at the description of the picture. It says that

"It utilises the Serial SPE library for the processor used in display,and therefore embraces the full set of Serial SPE Commands are available to the User,
                to produce the Graphical User Interface required"

You will need to use ViSi-Genie Environment to design your graphics file. I include this on my comment above, please check this:

Alternatively, you can also program the display on ViSi-Genie Environment and use the Arduino IDE to communicate with the display through ViSi-Genie-Library.
                Best Regards,
                Kevin

Comment

Yes ok i read just after...
                  Thanks.
                  So can i recover (like copy / paste or import/ export) my actual project to avoid to rebuild all again ?
                  Thanks Kevin
                  Regards,
                  Chris

Comment

• John Kevin
                    John Kevin commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hi Chris,

If you haven't click anything on the WYSIWYG pane, or change the widget's properties. It will not prompt you to rebuild the graphics file.
                    However, you can always copy the latest files of your project (.gci, dat, .4XE) by going to your project's destination path.

Best Regards,
                    Kevin

Hello Kevin,
                  Thanks for these informations.
                  I don't have the .4XE file but just .gci, .dat, 4Dino and folders where there are few images of my project...
                  So could you explain to me how can i load my project into 4D Workshop to retrieve my project.
                  Thanks to you.
                  Best Regards,
                  Chris,
                  Regards,
                  Chris

Comment

• John Kevin
                    John Kevin commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hi Chris,
                    May I know what display module are you using?

Hello Kevin,

I use GEN4-35DCT-CLB-AR but no need to explain, i totally re-build my project onto Visigenie and its works well.
                  I think that no way to "import" a project from extended graphics menu to others... copy / paste don't work too.
                  It's strange to tell "Arduino compatible" into the drop/down list when you choose your display project and cannot used arduino library to drive the display ! it's not clear and confuse.
                  Perhaps in the future version, this one seems to be old now !
                  Thanks.
                  Regards,
                  Chris,
                  Regards,
                  Chris

Comment

Hello Chris,

Sorry for the confusion that this has caused you.

On choosing your product, you may select the "Arduino Display Modules" - and choose GEN4-35DCT-CLB-AR, or you can also select the "Diablo Gen4" - and choose GEN4-35DCT-CLB.
                    Each has its own environment but both can be used to communicate with Arduino.

When programming on Basic/Extended Graphics, you are using the Workshop4 to program your Arduino. All the graphics files will be generated and will be copied on your memory card.
                    Through this environment, you are not programming the display module. The program is loaded on the memory card.
                    The Arduino also uses the Serial-Arduino Library to communicate with the display: Diablo16-Serial-Arduino-Library: https://github.com/4dsystems/Diablo1...rduino-Library

However, what most users do is program the display module - using ViSi-Genie Environment and communicate with Arduino through ViSi-Genie-Arduino Library:
                    https://github.com/4dsystems/ViSi-Genie-Arduino-Library

I hope this helps

Best Regards,
                    Kevin

Comment

Working...
                    X