Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Optimized Animation using Transparency

Hej,

i´m currently designing an animation which should display an audio level. This should be done in a Arc form. I´m using an gen4 - 70DCT-CLB.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Lines to draw.PNG Views:	1 Size:	22.3 KB ID:	67355

My current approach for this is using an "User Images" Which stores a line for every 0.5 degree (on: non Backround Color ; off: Backround Color).

Because of macking everything else transparent i was hoping, that the controller will just update the visible lines (a few pixle) but it seems that every single pixle is updated of the "User Images". Is there a solution to safe performance? The animation should be as smooth as possible. At the moment it is to slow to show it acurate enough.

In the following picture i sketched down a sequence where just one line/degree should be visible at a certain time. It starts with 0.0 degree in GREY (visible color) then 0.0 degree in WHITE (unvisible because backround color is WHITE) then 3.0 degree in GREY and so on...
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Sequence.PNG Views:	1 Size:	21.7 KB ID:	67356

Thank you so fare...

Hello,

Can I ask for how large is the image that you are displaying?

You can set the transparency of the image using a software editor (e.g. Photoshop) and check
    if it has a smooth transition effect.

You can try to send a sample image that you are using so that I can check how it displays at my end.

Best Regards,
    Kevin

Comment

Hej Kevin,

this is how it should look like in the end on the gen4 - 70DCT-CLB. There should be two indicators showing left/right audio level.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Forum.PNG
Views:	7
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	67379

If i got you right, i should turn the backround color of my frames to "transparent".
      ->Question: Will the transparent pixel not be drawn by the controller?

Question: How can i remove or make unvisible a frame i had written? So if will count down the indicator back again.

In the Attachment you will find my GIMP project where i was drawing the ARC2 steps.

Thank you for your support.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the graphical illustration, it helps me to further understand the project.

What I can recommend is for you to build/create each of the image containing the background
        so that you will not need to erase the pixel if you want to decrement the value.

I have attached an example project based on what I understand if you feel there is something
        that is off, feel free to comment out.

If i got you right, i should turn the backround color of my frames to "transparent".
        Yes, but this is more of a personal preference.

->Question: Will the transparent pixel not be drawn by the controller?
        When you have a transparent pixel, the Workshop4 will still draw the default background color of your display.

Question: How can i remove or make unvisible a frame i had written? So if will count down the indicator back again.
        You can rewrite again the pixel color according to clear the display but I do think that what I mentioned above will
        be easier to implement.

Another option that you may want to consider is the 'smart widget'. By using the smart widget, you can easily do this type of project.
        The widget can contain up to six layers on which you can manipulate in various ways. The animation can also be done on horizontal,
        vertical or angular motion.

Here is the link for Smart Widget Demo
        https://youtu.be/81cez-Ws4dQ
        https://youtu.be/w1PCTq9H3Dw
        https://youtu.be/hSvNnPwSxnE
        https://youtu.be/HQdGWwzr7Bw

For more information, you can check the application notes for "smart widget" on 4D systems website

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,
        Kevin

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X