Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fancy Button (winbutton) enhancment request.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kad
    started a topic Fancy Button (winbutton) enhancment request.

Fancy Button (winbutton) enhancment request.

It would be very useful if the fancy button (WinButton) objects had an option to use different colors for the on and off (up/down) states.

Yes, I realize that you can use the user button object to do the color change, but the user button object has no caption and due to the lack of a Z-Order any static text placed on top of it does not stay visible. And making the text part of the images for the user button precludes dynamically using different languages, etc. unless you are willing to do far too many duplicate stacked button objects.

-K

• John Kevin
    replied
    Hello,

I would like to mention the way of achieving this using the 'Userbutton' 'widget. But as you have said, you need to include the caption/text to your image.
    And making the text part of the images for the user button precludes dynamically using different languages, etc. unless you are willing to do far too many duplicate stacked button objects.
    Best Regards,
    Kevin

Leave a comment:

• kad
    replied
    Originally posted by John Kevin View Post
    For the meantime, you can try to use the Options "StatusWhenOf" and "StatusWhenOn" of the WinButton.
    You can see a small widget appear at the top of the WinButton.
    Specifying the color and text of the 'on' and 'off' state of the button, a little animation can be produced while toggling.
    Kevin,
    Thank you for the response. I am aware of the status widget, but my application is for in-vehicle use and the widget just isn't obvious enough for a safe, "quick glance" status check for a driver.

-K

Leave a comment:

• John Kevin
    replied
    Hello,

Thank you for your suggestion, we will take note of that.

For the meantime, you can try to use the Options "StatusWhenOf" and "StatusWhenOn" of the WinButton.
    You can see a small widget appear at the top of the WinButton.
    Specifying the color and text of the 'on' and 'off' state of the button, a little animation can be produced while toggling.

Best Regards,
    Kevin

Leave a comment:

Working...
X