A few linked object questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few linked object questions

I have a few quick questions on linked objects.

I am using visi-Genie on a Diablo16 screen and using an Arduino host.

My questions:

1> I have a Trackbar object set to change a UserImages object. If I change the Trackbar's setting from the host using WriteObj, will it pass the change along to the UserImages object as if it had been changed from the screen or should I manually set the UserImages object as well?

2> I have a set of Matrixed toggle buttons (Userbuttons if it matters). If I turn one of them ON from the host using WriteObj, will the screen toggle the other buttons in the Matix off (as if it had been pressed on the screen) or do I need to manually turn the others off?

3> In either of the above situations, will the objects in question also send a Report Event back to the host as if they had been changed by a touch?

Thanks,
    -K

Hi kad,

Here are my answers for your questions:
    1. You need to manually set both objects when you want them to be simultaneously controlled by a host.
    2. Yes, Buttons in matrix will act like that. When one is turned on even from a host, then the other buttons will turn off.
    3. No, the display needs to be touched to send back a report.
    GTX Tool allows you to read the data sent and received by the display, so for quick testing, you may use the GTX tool of Workshop4 under the Tools Section.

Hope this helps and Best Regards,
    Eran

Comment

Originally posted by Eran View Post
      Hi kad,

Here are my answers for your questions:
      1. You need to manually set both objects when you want them to be simultaneously controlled by a host.
      2. Yes, Buttons in matrix will act like that. When one is turned on even from a host, then the other buttons will turn off.
      3. No, the display needs to be touched to send back a report.
      GTX Tool allows you to read the data sent and received by the display, so for quick testing, you may use the GTX tool of Workshop4 under the Tools Section.

Hope this helps and Best Regards,

Thanks Eran.

(I am aware of the GTX tool, but I'm currently working in software only while waiting for hardware to arrive. )

-K

Comment

Hi Kad,

You're always welcome. Please don't hesitate to ask if you still have clarifications.

Best Regards,
        Eran

Comment

Working...
        X