X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gen4-4dcape-70ct-clb

hello,
    i have the following 7" screen and cape for BBB : GEN4-4DCAPE-70CT-CLB
    when connected and powered i can see the back light come on underneath the screen + a green light (but the screen is basically dark and nothing is shown)
    I have been using my BBB for CAN-bus-communication for a year and uses P9.24 and P9.26 for Rx/Tx. this is fixed and must be used for my project.

I can also see that P9.26 is used by 4D systems for a touch interrupt on gpio_14

would this simple conflict be enough to stop my screen working like this ? is this the problem ? (i have no clue and been trying to get the screen working this weekend)
    should the screen work if the pin is removed physically from the cape ? but i guess the touch screen will no longer work and that would not be ideal

is it somehow possible to cut the pin from the cape and rewire to another / reassign ?

or have i made a mistake getting this screen for the intended use with a CANbus project ?

thanks for any ideas / response.
    cheers
    Wess

oh not sure if this is reliant but i am using Debian 8.3 2016-01-24
    thanks

Comment

Hi,

Welcome to the Forum.

I have tried your idea of cutting the P9.26 and it indeed makes the display untouchable (I first used a pair of stackable headers so the adaptor won't get unusable).

As of now, I don't see a solution yet for Capacitive touch capes to make the display work with cut P9.26, but there is a way for resistive touch displays.

To make the touch function again, I used the command:

Code:
      $sudo modprobe ar1021_i2c
      Click image for larger version

Name:	image_3639.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	67784

Will find more if I can make the capacitive touch work and let you know.

Hope this helps and Best Regards,
      Eran

Comment

Working...
      X