Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reset Screen during the execution

Hello,

I have a problem with the screen that I do not know why it happens. I am new with the theme of the screen and what I have done is take the example that you have hanging on appnotes of the RGB LED and I have connected it as it is specified (I connect it with cables and I have set the resistance of 1k). The problem is that everything works very well when I have connected the arduino to the USB. When I connect the Arduino with a 12 V power supply, the screen starts saying "Mounting" all the time and restarting.
    I have tried another 6.5 V feeder and it does not do it to me. I want to try a 9 V, but for the project I'm doing I need the 12 V. Why does this happen when I connect that feeder? I have tried two different 12V feeders and it does the same.
    The code that I have used is the one you give and I have not modified it.

Thank you,

Marc

Hello Marc,

The problem is that everything works very well when I have connected the arduino to the USB. When I connect the Arduino with a 12 V power supply, the screen starts saying "Mounting" all the time and restarting.
    Since that is the case, I guess it must be a power issue. Have you checked if all is grounded properly?

Are you using a large display (5 or 7 inches) for your application? Please do note of the current draw of your display which you may find on the datasheet.
    One thing that I can suggest is for you to use a separate power supply for the display.

I have found a relative forum thread in the Arduino community about the maximum current from the 5V pin.
    Please have a look: http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=3192.0

I hope this helps.
    Best Regards,
    Kevin

Comment

Thank you for your answer,
      Yes, the problem was the current that Arduino give in his pins.
      I Connect the screen with an external power and now all It is correct.

Thank you for your time,

Marc

Comment

Hello Marc,

Sure, no problem. If you still have any further concerns, please don't hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,
        Kevin

Comment

Working...
        X