Failed loading video now 4D Workshop is locked up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Failed loading video now 4D Workshop is locked up

I tried to load a video file into a video object and it failed. Now I can't get the failed dialog box to go away. My only options that I can see is either to kill the process or unplug the computer. Is this supposed to be normal?Click image for larger version  Name:	Untitled.png Views:	0 Size:	44.1 KB ID:	67823

Hello,

May I know what format of video you were trying to add to your project?

I experienced a similar error when I tried to load a '.mov' file to my project.

If you're experiencing a similar issue, converting the video to another format (.avi / .wmv) solved the issue on my end.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
    Michael

Comment

• AndyKron
      AndyKron commented
      Editing a comment
      I tried a .gif file. I think it was too big. Just fooling around with my new toy.

Originally posted by AndyKron View Post
    I tried to load a video file into a video object and it failed. Now I can't get the failed dialog box to go away. My only options that I can see is either to kill the process or unplug the computer. Is this supposed to be normal?
    It's actually cased by Directshow 'raising' 'FilterGraphUnableToRender'. The documentation otherwise implies, well, that the FilterGraph was Unable To Render, which you'd think would be that. But it appears that Directshow then attempts to render again for each frame, so you have to press ok once for every frame in the video
    Mark

Comment

Working...
    X