Basic MOTG-RS485 ViSi Example?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basic MOTG-RS485 ViSi Example?

I just purchased a MOTG485 for a Gen4-uLCD-35DCT-CLB.

This is the first time working with Workshop 4 and dev boards/displays in general. I'm just looking for a simple communication example where I can send something like "Hello" or "Test" through RS485 and to the 4D Display and then receive a response back. If there is something like that out there or some other simple example or guide to get started with RS485 communication that would be awesome and very appreciated.

Hello,

Can I ask what device do you intend to use in order to communicate with the display?

Currently, we do not have any application note for MOTG-RS485 but perhaps this forum thread may help you: https://forum.4dsystems.com.au/node/65391

The user uses the gen4-uLCD-43DT-CLB display with MOTG485 module connected to an Arcus motion controller.

You can also check the Diablo16 Internal Function for the Serial Communication Functions for more information.

Best Regards,
    Kevin

Comment

I'm connecting to a custom built module that controls a machine. At its most basic level I would like the display to be used to show the status/values of various sensors. This module transmits messages over RS485 in a format similar to "TEMPX" or "POSY" where X is a value that I want displayed under "TEMP" and Y is a value I want displayed under "POS" on the display. It also expects a response after sending these messages in the format "TEMP OK" or "POS OK" to confirm the message was received.

I'll take a look at those links, thank you.

Comment

Hi,

That seems to be an interesting project. Just keep me posted on your project and I will assist you as much as I can.
        Good luck and have fun!

Best Regards,
        Kevin

Comment

Working...
        X