Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• widgets + red dots on the screen

Hi!

I have encountered a phenomenon with using widgets especially "fancy button" and "Led Digits".
    A attached a picture. On the pictures has a screen and on the screen there are some red dots as you see. The button on the left-down corner is a "user button" but before this I used to "fancy button".
    The red dots what you see is not part of the code or the screen. It is just appear and connected with "Led Digits" and "Fancy Button" if I use these features. The red dotes came up a few days ago and I did not do nothing more then earlier. I using these widgets as usual.
    So if I put in a "Led Digits" come a red dot as well and if I remove then the red dot removing too.

Could you please someone help me in this case.

Big thx.
    Peter
    Attached Files

Hello Peter,

Are you using a gen4-IoD module? If you are, could you please load the attached program to your display?

The attached program cycles through a series of different Background colors, please check if the red dots persists throughout the program.

If it doesn't, could you please let us know what brand/Model your uSD Card is?

Best regards,
    Attached Files
    Michael

Comment

Hello Michael,

Thank you for your quick response.
      You are absolutely right and I am sorry that. I am using IoD-24T.

I have tried what you have attached and this was the result:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1CcOUbft3mmT06erXGq9OiO4WcpWt0JR6

A made two pictures what I have attached. As you see I put on the screen some different buttons and I have uploded to the IoD and I have attached the result as well. The red dots contacted with the buttons somehow.

The SD card type is 4GB microSDHC industrial grade. This card came with the IoD modul.

Peter
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Peter,

The red dots could possibly be the red rectangle that gets displayed if an image is out of range. Looking at it zoomed in it seems to be roughly 4 x 4 pixels and an out of range rectangle 4 x 4 would look like a solid red square,

Would it be possible to zip your project by clicking on File, Zip Project and then send it to me so I can investigate further.

Best regards

Paul

Comment

Hi Peter,

It looks like the .DAT file data is correct as the red dot seems to be in the right location for the buttons that have been added. It would seem that the .GCI part isn't right and the red dot is the result of trying to draw a widget that doesn't exist in the .GCI for some reason.

Best regards

Paul

Comment

Hi Paul,

I think the main problem with the Form1 because I started to test what happens if I remove objects from Form1. So I started to remove one by one the objects and then the form suddenly disappeared but there were some other objects remain in the Form1.

Peter

ps.: I attached the asked zip. The Form1 is the main_screen().
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi Paul,

What if I want to much more object in one Form then I could be handle? Is there any data how many number of objects can handle a single Form?

Peter

Comment

Hi Peter,

You can add more to the form. On the IoD there is a limit of 200 objects in all but you only have 140 at the moment so you aren't going to run into any problems anytime soon. There isn't a limit that you would reach in a single form. This 200 limit can be extended by modifying the GFX4d.h.

I Tried your project and it was fine. Sometimes it might be necessary to press SHIFT & F9 to regenerate graphics especially if you have made a change and save to the SD card.

Best regards

Paul

Comment

Hi Paul,

It is nice to hear that I have much more space for widgets. Unfortunately it is not helping to me. The red dots wants to stay with me.
                  These red dots are actually a red rectangle with two crossing lines and I am not seeing because the green led digits covering those?

Best regards
                  Peter

Comment

Hi,

I bought a new display modul but the new modul showing red dots as well. I reneregated the data files but not helping.
                    Any idea?
                    There are two other problem what I encountered that I have included a new LED widget but the display is not showing and I write in directly an integer number to the Led Digits widget like this

gfx.LedDigitsDisplaySigned(265, iiLeddigits1, 3, 2, 30, 0) ; // Leddigits1_temp1

but the widget showing only zero numbers.

Could you please help me in this case?

Peter

Comment

Hi,

I have tried to write integer numbers to all Leddigits widgets and none of them showing the numbers.
                      But I counted my widgets and there are139pcs.

Peter

Comment

Hi Peter,

Some widgets contain a base image so it may have exceeded the 200 limit already.

I have modified the GFX4d library so it has more capacity. There is now a MAX_WIDGETS define in GFX4d.h

Best regards

Paul
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Paul,

Big THX for the modification for me but unfortunatelly it has been not solved this issue. The Leddigits widgets not showing the values and the red dots still has on the screen.
                          There is something else working behind the curtain what I am not seeing.

I have put the new GFX4d folder to under the c:\users\... folder and the lib folder where the sketch has.

Peter

Comment

Hi Peter

The GFX4d folder should be inside Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\ it will overwrite the previous version so just accept the warning. so if you move to this location and try again, the changes should work for you.

Best regards

Paul

Comment

Hi Paul,

The main phenomenon still exist however the GFX4d folder now on the right place and I removed all other libraries from other places where the Arduino put them and I checked the GFX4d.h file.
                              However I have made a test code with only one layer (Form1) with all grafical object and I removed all other widgets and layers from the code as well. The code worked and all grafical objects worked as well. So the cause definetly is the number of the grafical objects but somehow the modified GFX4d library still cannot handling this.

Peter

Comment

Working...
                              X