• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• peter.hanak
    started a topic widgets + red dots on the screen

widgets + red dots on the screen

Hi!

I have encountered a phenomenon with using widgets especially "fancy button" and "Led Digits".
    A attached a picture. On the pictures has a screen and on the screen there are some red dots as you see. The button on the left-down corner is a "user button" but before this I used to "fancy button".
    The red dots what you see is not part of the code or the screen. It is just appear and connected with "Led Digits" and "Fancy Button" if I use these features. The red dotes came up a few days ago and I did not do nothing more then earlier. I using these widgets as usual.
    So if I put in a "Led Digits" come a red dot as well and if I remove then the red dot removing too.

Could you please someone help me in this case.

Big thx.
    Peter
    Attached Files

• franco
    replied
    Hola buen dia, retomando el tema de LedDigits alguno me podrĂ­a ayudar ya que no puedo mostrar valores mayores a 32768, (15bits) mientras que segun establece acepta unsigned int (65536, o sea 16bit). Es el unico inconveniente que poseo al momento. gracias

Leave a comment:

• pauleilio
    replied
    Hi Peter,

Thank you for the update,

That is great news, good luck with the rest of your project.

Best regards

Paul

Leave a comment:

• peter.hanak
    replied
    Hi Paul,

Fireworks! Now all widgets are working! Very good!

Thank you!

Peter

Leave a comment:

• pauleilio
    replied
    Hi Peter,

There are some font styles for font 1 available in this version of GFX4d. They only work in Font 1 which you would resize to a bigger size to be effective. The styles are

SOLID
    DOTMATRIXROUND
    DOTMATRIXLED
    DOTMATRIXSQUARE
    DOTMATRIXFADE

The syntax would be

gfx.TextSize(5);
    gfx.FontStyle(DOTMATRIXROUND);

Best regards

Paul

Leave a comment:

• pauleilio
    replied
    Hi Peter,

I have just tested your project that you sent me a while ago with 141 widgets and it works fine with no red dots showing. It looks like your Arduino IDE isn't using the new library even though you have removed the other instances of GFX4d. I have attached GFX4d again, could you please try deleting the GFX4d that is in your Program Files(x86)\Arduino\libraries and replace with the one attached.

Best regards

Paul
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• pauleilio
    replied
    Hi Peter,

I tested 278 widgets which worked fine, it really is strange. I will have another look and test again today to see if their is something I missed with the changes.

Best regards

Paul

Leave a comment:

• peter.hanak
    replied
    Hi Paul,

I have made a step by step test that how many graphical object would be the border of the working phase.
    Aproximately 98 widgets even fine. With this number the code working.
    I removed some statictext obejcts with gfx.print() but it is a quite rough solution because I have only two choice of Font and both a little bit ugly :-).
    I removed four buttons too.
    I am looking for a solution for decreasing the number of the widgets but the real elegant solution is the use of the widgets.

Peter

Leave a comment:

• peter.hanak
    replied
    Hi Paul,

The main phenomenon still exist however the GFX4d folder now on the right place and I removed all other libraries from other places where the Arduino put them and I checked the GFX4d.h file.
    However I have made a test code with only one layer (Form1) with all grafical object and I removed all other widgets and layers from the code as well. The code worked and all grafical objects worked as well. So the cause definetly is the number of the grafical objects but somehow the modified GFX4d library still cannot handling this.

Peter

Leave a comment:

• pauleilio
    replied
    Hi Peter

The GFX4d folder should be inside Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\ it will overwrite the previous version so just accept the warning. so if you move to this location and try again, the changes should work for you.

Best regards

Paul

Leave a comment:

• peter.hanak
    replied
    Hi Paul,

Big THX for the modification for me but unfortunatelly it has been not solved this issue. The Leddigits widgets not showing the values and the red dots still has on the screen.
    There is something else working behind the curtain what I am not seeing.

I have put the new GFX4d folder to under the c:\users\... folder and the lib folder where the sketch has.

Peter

Leave a comment:

• pauleilio
    replied
    Hi Peter,

Some widgets contain a base image so it may have exceeded the 200 limit already.

I have modified the GFX4d library so it has more capacity. There is now a MAX_WIDGETS define in GFX4d.h

Best regards

Paul
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• peter.hanak
    replied
    Hi,

I have tried to write integer numbers to all Leddigits widgets and none of them showing the numbers.
    But I counted my widgets and there are139pcs.

Peter

Leave a comment:

• peter.hanak
    replied
    Hi,

I bought a new display modul but the new modul showing red dots as well. I reneregated the data files but not helping.
    Any idea?
    There are two other problem what I encountered that I have included a new LED widget but the display is not showing and I write in directly an integer number to the Led Digits widget like this

gfx.LedDigitsDisplaySigned(265, iiLeddigits1, 3, 2, 30, 0) ; // Leddigits1_temp1

but the widget showing only zero numbers.

Could you please help me in this case?

Peter

Leave a comment:

• peter.hanak
    replied
    Hi Paul,

It is nice to hear that I have much more space for widgets. Unfortunately it is not helping to me. The red dots wants to stay with me.
    These red dots are actually a red rectangle with two crossing lines and I am not seeing because the green led digits covering those?

Best regards
    Peter

Leave a comment:

Working...
X