Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Write in a fiel using a keyboard.

Hi everyone,

I'd like to use a keyboard to write in a field.

I'm trying to get the return value of the keyboard, but I didn't find the variable.
    I printed different variables, and I only find numbers with 4 digits, I have to convert these digits to have the exact number I would OR can I get the exact digit directly when I press him ?

thanks

Hi Toragan,

Just to clarify your question, you're trying to print the digit that you pressed on the display. Is that right? Then may I know the host that you're using? If you're using Arduino, then the attached sample project may help you.

If I have misunderstood your question, then can you explain more?

Hope this helps and Best Regards,
    Attached Files
    Eran

Comment

Hi Eran,

Yes, i'm trying to write in the string field what I'm pressing on the keyboard. (It's to see what are you writing and after get this value)
      I'm using not Arduino, but If I well understand, you use a buffer to stock pressed values and after you print the buffer in the string field ?

I thought about saving it to a buffer and write into the .txf file, maybe there is a better solution ?

I'm using Visie-Genie Diablo16, and when I insert the keyboard on the display, in the code file .4DGenieS, I can't find the variable who returns the exact same value than on the keyboard.

Toragan
      Last edited by Toragan; 24th April 2019, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Hi Toragan,

Are you then using ViSi-Genie Magic? If yes, then this post can help you: https://forum.4dsystems.com.au/node/44632#post44632

Hope this helps and Best Regards,
        Eran

Comment

Hi Eran,

Thanks you for answering me.

I completely forget the "KbClr Magic Event".

Just simple question you create a Magic Code file to simply write 2 variables.
          Is it better to create Magic Code to write 2 lines OR to write directly in 4DGenies file ? And why ?

Toragan

Comment

Hi Toragan,

Originally posted by Toragan View Post
            Is it better to create Magic Code to write 2 lines OR to write directly in 4DGenies file ? And why ?
            May I ask what you're trying to achieve here? Are you trying to print two lines on the display or save two lines in a .txt file?

Best Regards,
            Eran

Comment

Hi Eran,

Yes sorry, I'm asking about the example of keyboard you sent me.
              In this example, 2 variables have been written in a Magic Code File. but I'd like to know if it's better to write these both line as Magic Code OR to write directly these both lines in 4DgenieS file.

And in general, advise you to write code with Magic Object or it's could be good to write his own code in 4DGenieS file ?

I hope you understand my questioning !

Best regards,

Toragan
              Last edited by Toragan; 26th April 2019, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Hi Toragan,

Magic code insertion points are just some of the things that Workshop4 Pro has. With this feature, you can be able to add codes in your ViSi-Genie program with ease. So with your question, it is better to use Magic Code since the primary reason for Magic codes is for that (addling lines of code such as variables).

Hope this helps and you can always ask questions if you still need clarifications.
                Eran

Comment

Working...
                X