Values lost when swithching between forms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Values lost when swithching between forms

I have an application that uses uLCD-70DT. I am using the VISI genie environment. Everything works fine, but when I switch between forms(pages) the values updated in the initial form are lost when I return. Please, I would like to know if this is a limitation or if there is any way I can prevent this?

The values I am updating are strings.

Hello,

Welcome to the forum!

"Everything works fine, but when I switch between forms(pages) the values updated in
    the initial form are lost when I return."
    That's what happens when you switch to another form. That object and its values printed on it gets
    cleared off to a default state. The values cannot be retained when using ViSi-Genie environment,
    that is, dynamic strings are lost but not the predefined strings you stored on that field.

"Please, I would like to know if this is a limitation or if there is any way I can prevent this?"
    I believe this is a limitation of the environment you are using. But it's possible to prevent this
    using your host controller. By doing that, you can temporarily store the previous values and then
    print them back as you desire.

You may also try to store predefined values on your STRING field. For further explanation on that,
    please check this appnote: ViSi-Genie Labels, Text, and Strings

Hope this answers your question.

Good luck and best regards,
    Sherwin
    Last edited by sherwin4D; 8th May 2019, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X