Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Blinking icon

Hello,

I have a project built with an Arduino Mega and a gen4-uLCD-35DCT-CLB with VisiGenie so i need to send to this display a command to blink (ON and OFF) some icons with personalized images driven from Arduino mega
    in More details, i just want enabled/disabled icons without interaction with touch (only with command from Arduino)
    I don't (want) to use the touch part ! just the display part...
    So someone can helpme ?
    Thanks
    Regards,
    Chris

Hi Chris,

I believe that your inquiry has been duly answered on your previous post. What you need
    to do now is try to download the attached zip file while you are logged-in.

Basically, if you are new to 4DSystems products you need to make sure you have read this
    appnote:
    ViSi-Genie Connecting a 4D Display to an Arduino Host
    https://www.4dsystems.com.au/appnote/4D-AN-00017/

After that, you can proceed creating your first project with this appnote:
    ViSi-Genie Getting Started - First Project for Diablo16 Display Modules
    https://www.4dsystems.com.au/appnote/4D-AN-00106/

With regards on how to show images, you may also check these appnotes:
    ViSi-Genie Show Image
    https://www.4dsystems.com.au/appnote/4D-AN-00005/

ViSi-Genie User Images
    https://www.4dsystems.com.au/appnote/4D-AN-00034/

Hopes this helps you with your project.

Good luck and best regards,
    Sherwin

Comment

Hello Sherwin

Thanks sooooo much for your quick answer ! I really appreciate your professionalism and availability !

However, I understand what is wrong ... I have attached a screenshot to show you the problem.

In fact, the option "visible" indicated in the documentation does not exist at home !
      Maybe do i need the PRO version ?
      Thank you again for your return.

Sincerly Best regards,
      Attached Files
      Regards,
      Chris

Comment

Hello, Chris!

"In fact, the option "visible" indicated in the documentation does not exist at home!"
        Indeed, this option is no longer available. We'll be rectifying this issue in the documentation soon.

Perhaps, you should try using User Images. You may try to add as many images as you want using
        this widget. This way, you can cycle through your list of images, or two image cycling back and forth.
        One containing an image and another one which is blank.

You could also send a form switch command using your host controller. That way, you can hide
        the image as well. This concept has been demonstrated on your previous post. Please download
        the attached file and try it on your display module.

I hope this gives you an idea.

Good luck and best regards,
        Sherwin

Comment

Hello,

I am very disappointed with the answer and I do not understand many things.
          For the story, I left a development undertaken on NEXTION whose quality / price ratio is unbeatable but the software is buggy and the support does not exist ...
          So I turned to 4D to get a professional product that can meet my expectations.
          In the first part I was therefore convinced to address to the good company.
          Today after losing a lot of time running this S..T of NEXTION, I get a blocking problem again that may take time to work around because the simple function of turning on / off an image has been deleted ! Wooow !

The problem, now, is that my project is stopped and that I bought an expensive product which does not give me satisfaction !
          Finally the answer given to me may complexify my code knowing that I have to activate / deactivate a dozen icons.
          I do not think I'm the only one who wants to manipulate a simple icon and I do not understand why this function has been removed.
          Regards,
          Regards,
          Chris

Comment

Hello Chris,

I get a blocking problem again that may take time to work around because the simple function of turning on / off an image has been deleted ! Wooow !
            Sorry for the confusion, the "visible" attribute wasn't made to do what you wanted thus, it shouldn't have any effect on this discussion.

There was also no discussion about this attribute on the application notes that sherwin suggested.

As Sherwin suggested, you can achieve what you want with the use of Userimages.

To be more specific, you can load as many images as you want to the userimage widget then add another blank image.

This way, you can use your Arduino mega to send a Write object command to your display in order to show the image that you want.

You can then show a blinking effect by alternately writing to the image frame that you want and the blank frame.

something like:
            Code:
            genie.WriteObject(GENIE_OBJ_USERIMAGES,0, DESIRED IMAGE FRAME);
            delay(500);
            genie.WriteObject(GENIE_OBJ_USERIMAGES,0, BLANK IMAGE FRAME);
            delay(500);
            Would you like to provide more detail about your project so we can further assist you?
            Michael

Comment

Hello Mickael,

I follow our previous exchange concerning my image switch problem. This time I send you the complete contents of the 4D Genie part as well as the arduino code. Indeed, despite the use of the command "UserImage" it still does not work ... I am using the latest version of Arduino 1.8.9, the version of the 4D library is 1.4.5, the display is the SK-GEN4-35DCT-CLB-AR. The problem I encounter is that there is only the first image that appears (Frame 0) and never the second one. Thanks for your help
              Attached Files
              Regards,
              Chris

Comment

Hi Chris,

Sorry for the delay, your program seems to be working fine on my end.

The display shows the 2 images alternately every 1 second. Would you like to send a video of what you're experiencing?

Here are a few pointers that I can give at the moment:

1. Make sure that the 4D-Arduino Adaptor shield is set-up as follows:
                1.1. Jumper J1 is set to AR
                1.2. Jumper J2 is set to AR
                1.3. Jumper J3 is set to D0
                1.4. Jumper J4 is set to D1

2. Before loading the Arduino sketch, Disconnect your display from the shield's H1 Header and reconnect it afterward.

3. Make sure that the correct graphics files are loaded to your uSD card. You can do this by opening your ViSi-Genie project then pressing shift+F9, this will rebuild the graphics files and copy them to your uSD card.

If the above pointers don't resolve the issue, please provide photos or videos of your setup.

Best regards,
                Michael

Comment

Hello Mickael,

Really thanks so much for you quick answer !
                  So, i confirm to you that the jumper is on good place (as you said), also sure that i disconnect the display from H1.
                  Then, i click on "Build copy/load" not (Build) copy/load...
                  It generate two files like test~1.gci and test~1.dat write onto the µSDcard, then I put into the 4D display with power off state and power on after.
                  I noticed that there is a difference with driver version because on the Pmmc window it indicated this:
                  Current PmmC 'Diablo16' version '20'
                  Current Driver 'Gen4-uLCD-35DCT-CLB-B' dated '17/08/15'
                  But when I browse the Pmmc folder it doesn’t exist, only this file Gen4-uLCD-35DCT-CLB-A-D160522.4Drv. / 22-05-2016
                  I don't know if there is the issue...
                  Thanks for your return.
                  Regards,
                  Chris
                  Attached Files
                  Regards,
                  Chris

Comment

Hello again Mickael,

I got it !!! you just missed to specify the ultimate pointer : Select destination button: µSD onto Project TAB !
                    It's so obvious but hours to troubleshoot what happen...
                    However, i'm waiting for the answer about driver version.
                    Thanks Mickael !
                    Regards,
                    Chris
                    Regards,
                    Chris

Comment

Hi Chris,

I don't think the program destination has anything to do with it, the program destination was set to flash when I tested it here and it worked well.

Did you change the display driver that was loaded to the display? Please note that we recommend using the original driver that was loaded to your module.

Display drivers may vary (As you mentioned, there was a '-A' and '-B' version) depending on the type of LCD that was used for your module.

If you've changed the display driver, I would suggest reverting it back to the original driver.

I'll send the '-B' Driver to you via private message.

These application notes discuss further on the above topics.

ViSi-Genie Program Destination
                      https://www.4dsystems.com.au/appnote/4D-AN-00202/

General How to Update the PmmC for Diablo16
                      https://www.4dsystems.com.au/appnote/4D-AN-00036/

If you don't mind, may I know the brand/model of the uSD card that you're using?

I hope this was helpful.

Best regards,
                      Last edited by michael_4D; 11th June 2019, 10:43 AM.
                      Michael

Comment

Hello Mickael,

it does not seem to me to have indicated that I modified the driver...Just noticed.
                        I don't change anything, just a reflexion why this driver -B- is not available in the list ?
                        It's an µSD card 4Go (industrial grade) provided with is a starter kit that i haved : SK-GEN4-35DCT-CLB-AR
                        The real difference between RAM or SD card destination is that when you choose µSDCard destination, there is a third file which is copy on µSDCard and this option worked directly after i choosing the option.
                        I don't changed other options neither in my arduino script.

Thanks.
                        Best regards,

Chris,
                        Regards,
                        Chris

Comment

Hello Mickael,

I send it another message to say that it's not very stable and i try to understand why.

actually trying to redo tests to control the display,i realize that the image switch function does not work again. Yet I repeat strictly the same manipulations. On the other hand, by browsing the options in the "Arduino" tab, there is a note stating that you must to go through the WorkShop installer to install the Arduino IDE, what is it? I installed the Arduino IDE by the classic way ... Should I do otherwise? I tried to understand what's wrong. Thanks so much for your help. Chris,
                          Regards,
                          Chris

Comment

Hi Chris,

Could you please send a Screenshot of the note that you're referring to? Since you're not using any of our arduino embedded modules (gen4-IoD, IoD-09, 4Duino-24), I don't think that should affect you.

Sending a photo of your hradware set-up might also be helpful.

Best regards,
                            Michael

Comment

Hello Mickael,

Here is files that i requested.to troubleshoot my issue.
                              Thanks for that.
                              Best regards,
                              Chris
                              Attached Files
                              Regards,
                              Chris

Comment

Working...
                              X